Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

not sure how I should feel Watch

So my boyfrend and I have been together for quite some time now. I trust him fully but cant help feeling a twinge of jealousy when he speaks to a girl in our college. A bit of background info: me and said girl were quite close last year and I regarded her as a good friend. However, for various reasons me and my boyfrend went on a break and I later found out that my friend had made advances towards him, which he initially agreed to, but after realising he still had feelings for me refused to carry out. We are now back together but I still feel hurt by the situation and slightly betrayed by my friend and boyfriend and i just cant seem to get over it.:[ My boyfrend still speaks to her and I cant help but feel slightly jealous, upset, and slightly insecure upon seeing this. Am I justified in feeling this way and what should I do, if anything?? Constructive advice only please. Thanksss in advance :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So my boyfrend and I have been together for quite some time now. I trust him fully but cant help feeling a twinge of jealousy when he speaks to a girl in our college. A bit of background info: me and said girl were quite close last year and I regarded her as a good friend. However, for various reasons me and my boyfrend went on a break and I later found out that my friend had made advances towards him, which he initially agreed to, but after realising he still had feelings for me refused to carry out. We are now back together but I still feel hurt by the situation and slightly betrayed by my friend and boyfriend and i just cant seem to get over it.:[ My boyfrend still speaks to her and I cant help but feel slightly jealous, upset, and slightly insecure upon seeing this. Am I justified in feeling this way and what should I do, if anything?? Constructive advice only please. Thanksss in advance :]
    Have you spoke to him about how you feel?
    Mention to him 'how would you feel if I had practically got with a guy when we were on a break and was still talking to him now?' Kinda thing
    I can completely understand why you would feel a bit jealous. It's natural.
    You really just need to let him know how you feel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You sure are justified in feeling this way, I would be too.

What reason can he have to still keep in contact with her, as its clear she wants more than just friends, especially knowing how it makes you feel.

I was in a very similar situation, went on a break with my GF, she met a guy who tried to buy her love, but she realised she wanted to be with me and we got back together. She still kept in contact with him though which I did not agree with. We never got back to how we were before, and add on a few other issues and we finished our relationship as she decided she wanted to try things with this guy after all..

So yea from experience, if you talk to him and tell him how you feel, and he ignores you and carries on keeping in contact with her, it's not looking good and you deserve better.

Hope its different for you though and it all works out and you are happy

ReputationRep:
    Understandable you'd feel awkward, but look on the bright side, at least he didn't smash it - he chose you!

ReputationRep:
    What kind of friend starts hitting on your very recent ex? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I agree that mentioning it and talking it through far outweights sitting alone and feeling uncomfortable about the situatution... Yes, it is hard to trust someone when you know they have been attracted to someone else who is still in their lives but so many people have been attracted to various individuals it doesnt actually mean it will mean anything later on...

Its ok to feel this way but people are fallible, what might have happened doesnt mean there is something to be concerned about...

Talk it through, good luck x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.