Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Wealth Distribution and Banks - Must See Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is (in short, very short) why I'm on the left of center of the political spectrum. If youre an economic liberal (essentially a political conservative or right winger, you would believe that free market laissez faire economics is the way to solve this. It's not.)

Most of us are from the UK (or live here), so there are some videos after. Enjoy
    If you can't see them, here are the links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=QPKKQnijnsM#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lrQX4CF6Bxs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=DOa8U0yixgQ

Also, check out http://positivemoney.org

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with inequality. I put more value on freedom.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barksy)
    The inequality of freedom?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    The inequality of freedom?
    The freedom of inequality. People are different and offer different amounts to society; they should not be coerced into being equal. These lessons should have been learned after the USSR collapsed...
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    The freedom of inequality. People are different and offer different amounts to society; they should not be coerced into being equal. These lessons should have been learned after the USSR collapsed...
    This is of little consolation to the poor, who cannot offer to society because society has not given them that opportunity. The freedom you are talking about is the freedom of the rich to deny it to others.

ReputationRep:
    Would rep but out; with you on that one.

ReputationRep:
    Why not put value on both freedom and equality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    Why not put value on both freedom and equality?
    Because you can't have both. Throughout history, when it has been deemed desirable to put the emphasis on equality it has had serious repercussions on the individual's freedom.

My view is that a free society raises everyone up, despite the inequalities. The alternative is frightening and rightly fell come the end of the Cold War.

ReputationRep:
    Because you can't have both. Throughout history, when it has been deemed desirable to put the emphasis on equality it has had serious repercussions on the individual's freedom.

My view is that a free society raises everyone up, despite the inequalities. The alternative is frightening and rightly fell come the end of the Cold War.
    We've never had both. It's never been tried. It has been either the one or the other, with one being rejected in favour of the other, or one being emphasised more than the other. Why not have both? Why not out a value on both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    We've never had both. It's never been tried. It has been either the one or the other, with one being rejected in favour of the other, or one being emphasised more than the other. Why not have both? Why not out a value on both?
    I redirect you to what I previously said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    This is of little consolation to the poor, who cannot offer to society because society has not given them that opportunity. The freedom you are talking about is the freedom of the rich to deny it to others.
    Society owes no-one anything. If they are not deemed worthy of employment by a high paying job that is through their own fault, not through society's.

How is Cuba and North Korea? People die trying to escape from your version of utopia. You spit on all their graves by embracing that vile, inhumane doctrine orchestrated by that rotting cretin Marx.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Society owes no-one anything. If they are not deemed worthy of employment by a high paying job that is through their own fault, not through society's.

How is Cuba and North Korea? People die trying to escape from your version of utopia. You spit on all their graves by embracing that vile, inhumane doctrine orchestrated by that rotting cretin Marx.
    Society owes itself.

ReputationRep:
    An ideal society will be a society where each individual's freedom will only stop at the rights of others.

Inequality will be of no problem if the world's resources and wealth has no limits. More wealth means more freedom where individuals are concerned but when wealth is purposefully and unfairly controlled and distributed then more inequality means less freedom for those deprived. Inequality is unequal freedom and that comes through unfair distribution of wealth.

Individuals of a society is different. True. But each individual should be rewarded proportionally to their contribution to society. Its unethical, inhumane, and evil for your Bosses and CEOs to earn in one hour more than you earn in one week or month and that also with ease.

**** at the sandcastles of capitalism and RIP the ruins of communism. We need a new way of running our society.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.