The Student Room Group

Freshers and sex...

What's with the whole thing about sex and freshers? It's really bad, there's guys out there who are virgins, who think that they will 100% get laid, guys in the real world, and guys on here. Why has no-one brought them to reality yet?

Does a lot of sex happen at freshers? Yes, without a doubt. However most the people who are having sex, have already been having sex before before uni. If you weren't having sex before freshers, what makes you magically think that 'freshers' which is effectively a word for partying, is going to get you 'laid'?

What do you guys personally think? Obviously people will lose their virginity, I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying its bigged up too much...?

Hmm
Reply 1
I've said this on other, similar posts. Sex with drunken strangers is not something to be proud of. It essentially means you're not attractive enough to other men/women to retain their interest for more than a few hours...and you need the accompaniment of alcohol to get you those few hours.
It does happen as people who are virgins generally wanna 'lose it' and so do many others. However it doesn't mean it will and it happens a lot less than you think. Personally, if you can't get laid outside of freshers, there's little to suggest you will during freshers, furthermore freshers only lasts a week and the level of sexual activity in halls decreases at pretty much all universities (certainly the top 35 universities).
Reply 3
Sorry but i beg to differ. Never in my life have i been fighting women off but in freshers where there was alot more women to men it was crazy.

It soon calms back down to reality tho. I think the fact that freshers want to go crazy that first week, so let down there guard and do things they wouldnt normally, like on a lads/girls holiday.

Your right tho, if women have never looked twice at you before freshers that wont change, but if you do ok and the number women/blokes in the club is on your side your in for a great week :smile:

Enjoy it the rest of the year is not like freshers UNFORTUNATELY LOL

If your flat does not go out like mine then go out alone, its hard but you meet loads of people that somehow ive never seen again lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending