The Student Room Group

North Korea scrap all non-aggression pacts with South Korea

Scroll to see replies

Original post by green.tea
There is a few things the could do tho such as detonate a cobalt bomb upwind of the us mainland. Something people sneering at the size of their bombs should perhaps consider.

Has anyone made a cobalt bomb? Just looked it up, and Science is not my strong point but it seems like it could make the entire continent uninhabitable for a long time.

North Korea have ballistic, non-nuclear missiles. If missile defense systems didn't work, they could hit Seoul, or parts of USA, pretty hard. The scariest bit about this all is that China is allied with North Korea, so if the US do attack NK, China may still attack the US with their millions upon millions of troops.
Original post by Bonoahx
Has anyone made a cobalt bomb? Just looked it up, and Science is not my strong point but it seems like it could make the entire continent uninhabitable for a long time.

North Korea have ballistic, non-nuclear missiles. If missile defense systems didn't work, they could hit Seoul, or parts of USA, pretty hard. The scariest bit about this all is that China is allied with North Korea, so if the US do attack NK, China may still attack the US with their millions upon millions of troops.

There's no official record of a cobalt bomb. Ages ago when I first read about it I read something about the soviets having a design for a cobalt tsar but haven't been able to find anything on it since. If you already had a bomb I don't think adding cobalt would be too difficult tho.
Original post by doggyfizzel
I don't think so. For all the threats what military action has been taken against the North without provocation? The list of incidents always start with the North passing designating lines or opening fire. For all the talk of military options by the US, how many of them have resulted in action? All direct action against the North has taken place at a diplomatic level.

Apologies. I mis read your post. I thought you were the muppet who was arguing that North Korea was the good guys as they were saying that US is the main problem.
Original post by Bonoahx

Chinas not going to go to war with the US. North Koreas a destabilising force in the region and CHina knows it. China used to back North Korea quite heavily, but its more of a historical link now. They want a stable area as much as the US do.

The only nation that has a decent ABM shield is the Russians, but that's because they're nuclear tipped. Although there's been many improvements, Patriot systems had a 50% success rate against saddams Scuds.
Original post by gazza2
they are all pawns on a chess board in a pretend world, its all scripted and none of it is real. None of the people in the world really exist. Its a setup like a movie viewed from one perspective, there is only one life.

"None of the people in the world really exist"?

Hmmm.... :holmes:
Well I think we have to remember North Korea has over 1 million active military personal, with the ability to call upon 6 million reserves.

Original post by Bonoahx

China won't attack South Korea or the USA, I can guarantee that. If North Korea did attack the South, China would be more likely to help the South Koreans.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 126
I'm just hoping if the nuke is fired, then it doesn't reach South Seoul where my family's apartment is at :biggrin:

In all seriousness, N.K's nukes' range won't be long enough to destroy all of Seoul. The area that can possibly be destroyed is about 1/3. Also the missiles fired from the DMZ will impact the northern areas of Seoul, which has much less population density than Seoul proper.

Also there are artillery shelters all around the great Seoul Metropolitan area for the 24 million people that live there. Not only that but Seoul has great extensive underground areas (Nearly another city on its own) that people can evacuate to.

If N.K was to travel down into S.K they'll have to do so through major transportation corridors that have been set-up in order to fight back N.K forces. Furthermore, areas in Seoul have been built in order to prepare for another war. Not only that but South Korea is well-known for being an incredibly mountainous region. Where there aren't any mountains, there's cities. It'll be hard for N.K to move down through South Korea.

If this does happen, obviously S.K's economy will be crippled. Foreign investment and millions of dollars invested in the advanced infrastructure (The most wired city in the world) will be all gone.

Sad times.
are Iran and North Korea allies i havn't really seen any support from either to one another and we all know Iran isnt no were near as out of control as N korea
Reply 128
Original post by Legal drugdealer
are Iran and North Korea allies i havn't really seen any support from either to one another and we all know Iran isnt no were near as out of control as N korea

I don't think they care for one another to be honest. All North Korea cares about is holding South Korea's economy hostage in order to receive the aid from SK, America and China.
Original post by 0x2a
I don't think they care for one another to be honest. All North Korea cares about is holding South Korea's economy hostage in order to receive the aid from SK, America and China.

I agree and if Iran showed support to N korea then it would just be another tool for Israel to start its war with Iran

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending