Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Adult Nursing at University of West of Scotland, Hamilton campus. I had the English and Math test, then the interview. Now I'm waiting for an answer from them...getting a bit anxious Hopefully I get a place. Is anyone else in the same situation?

ReputationRep:
    I'm heading for the test next Tuesday, I just got my invitation for this. I been out of school for years so have no idea what to expect from it and will really need to have a look at some basic revision online. I was confused though about the information they sent me. The attached forms they sent with the initial email said interviews will be on the day if successful, however the email said that if test was successful I would receive an invitation for interview via email afterwards. I have emailed them to see what the format on the day will be. Did the tests take long?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skellynet)
    I'm heading for the test next Tuesday, I just got my invitation for this. I been out of school for years so have no idea what to expect from it and will really need to have a look at some basic revision online. I was confused though about the information they sent me. The attached forms they sent with the initial email said interviews will be on the day if successful, however the email said that if test was successful I would receive an invitation for interview via email afterwards. I have emailed them to see what the format on the day will be. Did the tests take long?
    Hi. I had my tests and inteview a long time ago...in january-february. What course it is? Adult nursing? Don't worry; It's easy, basic mathematics and at english you need to write an essay. You will have enough time; 20 min math and then 10 min for english...if I remember right. I was very anxious on that day. Then if you pass the english and math tests, you will get an one to one interview. Anyway I am happy I got a place...I have also applied to GCU for the same course and I got rejected; I didn't have any exams or interviews for that. Good luck! I'm sure you'll do well.

ReputationRep:
    AHHH thank you, i have applied for Nursing at the Hamilton campus too, it was my extra choice as GCU didn't accept me with no recent study... I had given up but then realised Hamilton was only 1 hours commute for me so I thought i'd give it a go! I have accepted a collage course so at least I have that as a fall back. I emailed them and the interviews for me are on a different day, so im assuming that the last couple of spaces will be filled with people who have used it as their extra course competing against each other. I'm okay at interviews so I can only hope to pass the tests. Fingers crossed for tuesday, and thank you for setting my mind at rest! x

ReputationRep:
    PS well done at securing your place!!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much. Happy I got a place. Oh, so you didn't get accepted at GCU either :-( maybe lots of people applied at that Uni. Hopefully you'll get a place at UWS. Fingers crossed! It's also good it's close to your house. My interview was in a different day as well. At the test we were 70 people in the room there and only 3- 4 failed the tests. So it's good. The interview wasn't difficult, just basic questions; they were really nice, smiling. I was really anxious, but it's normal. You will be fine.
    Maybe I will meet you there in september at the Uni :-) That would be nice.
    Good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.