The Student Room Group

Revision and Exam Crisis!

Hey guys,

So I am faced with this massive dilemma. I am currently doing my A2's and I just got the results back yesterday and they were disappointing especially my economics and geography ones (OCR board).

The thing that really annoys me is that I started revising pretty early and I knew the content really well but that knowledge didn’t convert into marks. This happened to me last year as well! I don’t know what I am doing wrong! Any advice?

Cheers! :smile:
If possible, get a copy of your script (I can't remember how much it costs, sorry), and then get your teacher to go through it with you. This way you'll know where you went wrong and you can work on correcting it.

I had similar problems, in other subjects (I didn't take geography or economics), and I found this really helped.
Reply 2
Like the user above has said, get a copy of the script. You can then go through the script with your teachers, while it may cost to get your script, you'll most defiantly find out where you went wrong and you can use that to improve on your tests.
Original post by holapeople
Hey guys,

So I am faced with this massive dilemma. I am currently doing my A2's and I just got the results back yesterday and they were disappointing especially my economics and geography ones (OCR board).

The thing that really annoys me is that I started revising pretty early and I knew the content really well but that knowledge didn’t convert into marks. This happened to me last year as well! I don’t know what I am doing wrong! Any advice?

Cheers! :smile:

i think its definately exam technique. last year i got Ds for sociology because although i knew the content well, i didnt have a clue about exam tehniques so i basically wrote everything i knew on the sheet, after learning the structure, i retook it in jan and got 2 As. exam tech and how to structure your answer is a big one. you can know te whole book inside out but if you dont know the structure youre basically screwed :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending