Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Anybody recommend Prague for a weekend, going in August

Is it any good, is it lively?

ReputationRep:
    Prague is great fun! Lot's a of bars and a few clubs.
    Good sights to see in the day time.
    Get a boat out on the river in the day, that's a laugh.
    And you can get weed out there easy as, plus it's decriminalised.

ReputationRep:
    Hey TomBW,

I've been there last month for 3 nights, 4 days.
    Except the cold weather you won't go through in August, the city is lovely.
    Nice architecture, friendly people, lots of them speak english and life over there is so much cheaper than Paris (and probably where you're living). Beers cost nothing and are even good.
    The public transports network is complicated to understand though but you can use the taxi at night which is also cheap. Or just walk, Prague is not that big. The city looks empty in the day maybe because of the snow and low temperature in february but believe me, people hang out when night comes.

Enjoy Prague!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mouchetic)
    Hey TomBW,

I've been there last month for 3 nights, 4 days.
    Except the cold weather you won't go through in August, the city is lovely.
    Nice architecture, friendly people, lots of them speak english and life over there is so much cheaper than Paris (and probably where you're living). Beers cost nothing and are even good.
    The public transports network is complicated to understand though but you can use the taxi at night which is also cheap. Or just walk, Prague is not that big. The city looks empty in the day maybe because of the snow and low temperature in february but believe me, people hang out when night comes.

Enjoy Prague!
    Ahhh 'the beer is good' is an understatement! Prague has some of the best beer in the world!

Check out a place called 'The Beer Gallery' (I think). It has 32 different types of beer lines up along the bar with menus telling you about each of them. And you can but 5/10 samples of 50ml each which come on a wooden board. It's all really cool and a lot of fun. If you take 'The Beer Tour' which runs from the city center I'm sure you'd come across it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzle223)
    Ahhh 'the beer is good' is an understatement! Prague has some of the best beer in the world!

Check out a place called 'The Beer Gallery' (I think). It has 32 different types of beer lines up along the bar with menus telling you about each of them. And you can but 5/10 samples of 50ml each which come on a wooden board. It's all really cool and a lot of fun. If you take 'The Beer Tour' which runs from the city center I'm sure you'd come across it.
    Ahah yeah theirs have nothing to do with the one i've known.
    That sounds crazy for anyone who'd go there!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.