Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I just wondered if this is correct and if anyone can add anything that I may have missed?

1. Exercise starts
    2. Carbon Dioxide increases in the blood
    3. Chemoreceptors detect this increase ( also baroreceptors detect blood pressure increase????)
    4. Chemoreceptors send signals to the Medulla in the brain
    5. The brain send signals to the heart and lungs to increase output
    6. Heart rate and stroke rate increase – blood flows around body faster
    7. Respiratory rate increases – more oxygen into body and more carbon dioxide out of body

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenhamrolls)
    I just wondered if this is correct and if anyone can add anything that I may have missed?

1. Exercise starts
    2. Carbon Dioxide increases in the blood
    3. Chemoreceptors detect this increase ( also baroreceptors detect blood pressure increase????)
    4. Chemoreceptors send signals to the Medulla in the brain
    5. The brain send signals to the heart and lungs to increase output
    6. Heart rate and stroke rate increase – blood flows around body faster
    7. Respiratory rate increases – more oxygen into body and more carbon dioxide out of body
    It seems right, from what I remember

(Original post by RazaKaMazaa)
    What's the point in this biology ****?

Even if you believe you learned the correct biomechanisms, somewhere, at some point another bunch of smartasses will come along and basically disprove you and be like "omg, u wur soooo wrong guyzz, the correct mechanism is actually this, our results confirm this guyzz, wur being super serial, like". And then you have to unlearn all what you thought and accept that years of research; your time and life have just gone to ****!!

Even you want to perfect the human body you're barking up the wrong tree. You need to pray to the CORRECT god if you want to see results.
    Fortunately for you, I've run out of ratings for today, so I can't neg you. Firstly, your post is incomprehensible. Secondly, it's complete rubbish. If it's wrong, we will say it is (the whole point in the OP making a thread). if it isn't, we will confirm, and help OP understand anything that is confusing.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.