Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I was a little reckless and dint look too much into it, but I read about the £300 booking fee and it says it'll be taken off the first rent payment.

And when I asked my friend whose in uni she told me that that meant that it'd be taken care for me and it'd be taken out of my loan.

BUT, I've applied for the accomadtion and yeah... I realise its now actaully wanting it up front. I was wondering, if you cant make the booking fee can you cancel an application. There is no way me nor my family in our current situation can just give £300 at all even if I promise to repay it.

Its wasnt at U-Forge by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Id ring up and ask, I was looking at the £300 upfront also and was wondering how people who cant pay that get past it (maybe instalments or something?), if you find out let me know! good luck

ReputationRep:
    I'm in basically the exact same situation. I was pretty shocked when I realised I will have to pay it upfront, just like that. I have lots of other things that need paying too as I'm a private candidate (exam entry, coursework needs marking, also need to pay for tickets to visit Hartlepool from London which is two weeks away from now, where I'll have my lectures) I would usually ask my mum for a bit of help, but she is pretty broke at the moment so I won't. My grandmother can help me with maybe £100, but all the stuff I listed in total adds up to about £600 so I need to get this money from somewhere. Only thing I could think of was getting a loan from a credit union, I know they have way better interest rates and you can pay back in installments. Maybe you could join a credit union and try doing the same? I know the accommodation probably won't run out until months from now, you might not get your preferred choice but you'll probably still get a place. Good luck with whatever you decide

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Sunderland Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Scape Student Living

Scape Student Living

"Brand new super studios at Scape Shoreditch, three minutes away from Old Street station!"

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Sunderland ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Sunderland applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.