The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Accommodation at Chester University - Which Halls are best?

Hi,

I am hoping to study Business Studies at Chester University in September. I understand I will be on the Chester Campus. I am an outgoing person and I want to meet lots of new people, I'm not that bothered as to the accommodation being catered/self-catered/semi-catered, but I would still like an area to cook, make a cup of tea, store snacks etc..

I would also like to know how I can go about applying for accommodation and if I can ask for it to be en-suite. In a Nut-Shell I know very little of the accommodation process.

I would be grateful of any help or any information :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 1
Original post by 3leahfaith
Hi,

I am hoping to study Business Studies at Chester University in September. I understand I will be on the Chester Campus. I am an outgoing person and I want to meet lots of new people, I'm not that bothered as to the accommodation being catered/self-catered/semi-catered, but I would still like an area to cook, make a cup of tea, store snacks etc..

I would also like to know how I can go about applying for accommodation and if I can ask for it to be en-suite. In a Nut-Shell I know very little of the accommodation process.

I would be grateful of any help or any information :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

The basics can be found in the first post here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2082530, but basically they won't get in touch with you until around a week after results day if you got your results/recieved and accept an unconditional, and longer if you had to go through Clearing. From what I understand, you get a booklet of different options and you put them in order of preference-however this is no guarentee that you will get what you ask for, and there have if I recall been cases of people getting exactly what they didn't want, but managing to swap with someone else.
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 3leahfaith
Hi,

thankyou for asking this question!! i was thinking exactly the same aha. what have you applied to study for? im the same with accommodation although i'll no doubt go for self catering as im a picky eater ha. :smile:
Reply 3
ohh ive just realised you said business studies, my bad. oh im all about the criminology :P
Original post by Lil2wkd
The basics can be found in the first post here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2082530, but basically they won't get in touch with you until around a week after results day if you got your results/recieved and accept an unconditional, and longer if you had to go through Clearing. From what I understand, you get a booklet of different options and you put them in order of preference-however this is no guarentee that you will get what you ask for, and there have if I recall been cases of people getting exactly what they didn't want, but managing to swap with someone else.

Hi, just to clarify what Lil2Wkd said, all offer holders can apply for accommodation from June (we will contact you to explain how to do this - it's an online form). The decision as to which accommodation you have been allocated is made after results day (once we know who is definitely coming to Chester).

Hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything else you're not sure about.
Reply 5
Thanks for that, I'll update the post post-dissertation/celebration tomorrow!
Original post by Lil2wkd
Thanks for that, I'll update the post post-dissertation/celebration tomorrow!

Good luck with it! Thanks for doing a great job moderating this forum :smile:
Odd question but do all the rooms (or just self catered) have their own sinks, it would be a real help if I have a shared bathroom?
Hi, according to the Accommodation Guide most standard rooms have a washbasin in the room. We're asking around the office and can't think which ones don't!

You could always get in touch with the Accommodation office to check - 01244 513000 or [email protected]
Reply 9
is it possible for people who live fairly locally, say 40 mins way to get accommodation?
Hi, whilst we can't guarantee that you'll be offered accommodation living locally, you can still apply when the applications open in June. You may want to have a backup option in case we can't offer you a room on campus.

If you have any questions, you can contact the Accommodation office on 01244 513001 or visit http://www.chester.ac.uk/accommodation
Reply 11
Hi, I was offered accommodation by Chester University which was completely different from what I asked for. I asked for Self catered en-suite accommodation but was offered catered. I declined the offer and now I don't know what to do next. Even thinking of pulling out all together and try and get a place through clearing. Once I have declined an accommodation offer could I still get another accommodation offer from Chester Uni?
QUOTE=tdidi;72731738]Hi, I was offered accommodation by Chester University which was completely different from what I asked for. I asked for Self catered en-suite accommodation but was offered catered. I declined the offer and now I don't know what to do next. Even thinking of pulling out all together and try and get a place through clearing. Once I have declined an accommodation offer could I still get another accommodation offer from Chester Uni? Please don't let accommodation put you off uni, there is many private halls in chester which have ensuite rooms which are worth checking out if they are within you're budget, plus many first years do go into houses but these tend to not be ensuite. As for the accommodation offer, have you been in touch with the accommodation office to see what they can do ? I know in the first few weeks some people do switch accommodation but unsure how likely this is. Also it may be worth trying to speak to someone to say that catered is not suitable for you, I know a few people who were vegan or other dietary requirements which meant it was not suitable or they had a job which meant they would never be around for meal times so ended up switching
Reply 13
Thanks 3498kinvara for reply. Will look around for private accommodation as you suggested. Just disappointed about my first real contact with Chester University. If they get my accommodation request already so wrong. And from forums I know I am not alone. It does make you wonder what else is not working correctly at Chester University.
Original post by tdidi
Thanks 3498kinvara for reply. Will look around for private accommodation as you suggested. Just disappointed about my first real contact with Chester University. If they get my accommodation request already so wrong. And from forums I know I am not alone. It does make you wonder what else is not working correctly at Chester University.

Hi tdidi
if you are still looking for self catered en-suite accommodation then we will be more then happy to assist you with this :smile: we have a range of rooms available from bronze to gold rooms in different sized flat shares to suit your needs. If you want to come and take a look at the site then we will be more then happy to arrange a viewing for you ? if you want any further details please don't hesitate to give us a call on 01244 567327

many thanks

Simon

Tramways Team
Hi there, We also have some fantastic rooms still available at Towpath Chester. BRAND NEW and opening September 17. If we can be of any help at all give us a call on 01244 566233. Kate :smile:
Original post by tdidi
Hi, I was offered accommodation by Chester University which was completely different from what I asked for. I asked for Self catered en-suite accommodation but was offered catered. I declined the offer and now I don't know what to do next. Even thinking of pulling out all together and try and get a place through clearing. Once I have declined an accommodation offer could I still get another accommodation offer from Chester Uni?

Hello,

Whilst we will try to match students' specific preferences it is not always possible. Many of the options will be oversubscribed so it may be necessary to offer you a type of accommodation that is not your first choice on your list of preferences.

If you're interested in private sector accommodation, have you looked at the Chester Student Stamp site?

If you have any questions, you can always speak to our Accommodation Team by phoning 01244 513000.
Did you have any issues accepting your accommodation???
I get to the 'Terms and Conditions' page but when I tick the box and click 'next' the page goes basically blank
Please help I need to accept my offer asap as I want to go on the waiting list for a different type of accommodation

Thanks x
Original post by SavannahG123
Did you have any issues accepting your accommodation???
I get to the 'Terms and Conditions' page but when I tick the box and click 'next' the page goes basically blank
Please help I need to accept my offer asap as I want to go on the waiting list for a different type of accommodation

Thanks x

If you're still having trouble please let our Accommodation Team know by calling 01244 513000 or email: [email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest