Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

How far would you go for a stranger in need? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been reading so many lovely things on TSR today, it got me thinking.. what would you be prepared to do for a stranger who was alone (or not) and in real need? i.e. take them to the hospital, stay there with them etc etc

I'm just interested as to how far people would actually go.

ReputationRep:
    I've watched a loads of clips of the American show 'What Would You Do?' on Youtube and it was quite heartwarming to see how many awesome people are still out there and willing to help a stranger.

I'd like to think I could step up to the plate and help a stranger in need but I've never been in that position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dorito)
    I've watched a loads of clips of the American show 'What Would You Do?' on Youtube and it was quite heartwarming to see how many awesome people are still out there and willing to help a stranger.

I'd like to think I could step up to the plate and help a stranger in need but I've never been in that position.
    This.

Hence why I was asking!
    I too would like to think that I would do most things for a person in need. I would always pull over when driving for a crash for example, and certainly wait until the emergency services arrived.. but go with them to hospital.. I'm not sure I would.. maybe its because I see it as getting too involved..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemissmidget123)
    I've been reading so many lovely things on TSR today, it got me thinking.. what would you be prepared to do for a stranger who was alone (or not) and in real need? i.e. take them to the hospital, stay there with them etc etc

I'm just interested as to how far people would actually go.

it depends on the the situation. for instance if i was late for an important meeting i really wouldnt be able to help a stranger grately (unless its pay for their bus fare or help them if they fell over ) but if im just out shopping i would definately help out a stranger even if it means losing time where i could be doing something else.
    peace, love, happiness!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemissmidget123)
    This.

Hence why I was asking!
    I too would like to think that I would do most things for a person in need. I would always pull over when driving for a crash for example, and certainly wait until the emergency services arrived.. but go with them to hospital.. I'm not sure I would.. maybe its because I see it as getting too involved..
    in that scenario then I think if the person was shaken up but phyiscally OK (ie. no life-threatening injuries, conscious etc.) then I'd call the emergency services and wait until they arrived, give a statement or whatever and then go, I'd contact their family if they wanted me too but I wouldn't go to hospital with them.

If it was a serious crash though and they were in a bad way I'd go to hospital and wait for news. I couldn't live with myself not knowing what happened to them!

ReputationRep:
    Today I sat with a 13 year old who'd been beaten up for about an hour whilst waiting for an ambulance and the police, I didn't know him! I like to think that if I'm ever in a time of need and there's only strangers around, they would act the same towards me as I would to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quilt)
    Today I sat with a 13 year old who'd been beaten up for about an hour whilst waiting for an ambulance and the police, I didn't know him! I like to think that if I'm ever in a time of need and there's only strangers around, they would act the same towards me as I would to them.
    good on you

I think its surprising just how far some people will go to help others in need really

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.