Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

If you're on roughly £50 a week to live off, do you manage to afford a social life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's doable, although after you've bought food (and kept your budget around £25 for that, I would imagine, if you shopped wisely), it depends on how much you spend on transportation, etc. If you live within walking distance of everything you need, I can't see why you couldn't have a social life on that. You just need to be sensible. I lived on around £45-50 a week at university, although I could see my food bill going up each year because of general inflation, etc.

ReputationRep:
    I go to Sheffield. Drinking is DIRT cheap. In places like Corporation, Plug, The Leadmill. A quadvod in Corp is £2.50 before midnight. A double in Plug is £1.80 and £1.50 in Leadmill, and the prices don't change here after midnight. We get a taxi of 4/5 on a night to any of these places from Endcliff, and its about less than £3 each, each way. If you pre drink pretty cheaply, Ie invest in a litre of cheap vodka, a night out can be less than a tenner, quite easily. If going to corp, ill get 2 triples at £2 each usually, and that's enough.

Not including Pre-drinks, A night out in sheffield is easilly doable with £15 for me. And I usually get lost and get a taxi back.

Nights out in london are much much more expensive, so I've heard.

As for food etc, I usually spend £25. Which consists of dried rice packets, pasta, cheese, pesto, bread, chips, other frozen things, fruit juice, energy drinks and microwave meals. (Don't judge me)

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources
How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.