Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong place!!

OK, so I've been offered a conditional place at a university for 2013 entry, and their entry requirements for Access HE state "You would need to have at least one overall distinction in a Science module and the remainder of the modules must be passed at Merit or above."

Now the way our grades are being given to us at college, we are getting individual unit grades for each assignment.. So what classes as an overall grade for the module? Is it simply that you have to gain the MAJORITY of your units in that module at Distinction? Or am I missing the point entirely?

Thanks in advance..

ReputationRep:
    Always best to contact the uni when it's ambiguous like that.

That being said I have seen universities ask for 9 or 12 distinctions in a subject (out of 15 credits possible). I would think that's the sort of thing they're asking for there, and by module they mean one of your subjects taken (as opposed to asking for one unit in a science subject to be distinction).

I would just send them an email briefly outlining your course structure and asking them to clarify for peace of mind, unless you're on track for full distinctions in a science subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desperate Dan)
    Always best to contact the uni when it's ambiguous like that.

That being said I have seen universities ask for 9 or 12 distinctions in a subject (out of 15 credits possible). I would think that's the sort of thing they're asking for there, and by module they mean one of your subjects taken (as opposed to asking for one unit in a science subject to be distinction).

I would just send them an email briefly outlining your course structure and asking them to clarify for peace of mind, unless you're on track for full distinctions in a science subject.
    That's how I basically read it too, the majority of the credits need to be at Distinction. I've contacted the University, hopefully they can advise me!

Thanks

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.