Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Girlfriend ignores me.. Watch

I've been with my girlfriend for a few years now. We used to be inseparable, have great fun and just really enjoy each other's company. About a year ago ago we broke up, both of us got with other people but we got back together soon after. We split because we started taking each other for granted, had lots of arguments etc but when I heard she'd been getting with other people I just couldn't handle the thought and wanted to try again. She's the only person I've ever loved and she says the same about me and when we split we tried really hard to prove to each other that we could make the relationship go back to how it was for the first few years, but since getting back together it's been exactly the opposite. I've done everything I could for her. I barely see her now because I felt like giving her space would be a good thing. I now see her maybe 2/3 times a week for a few hours and during that time all she wants to do is sit on her phone, go on the computer etc. I feel miserable, I've tried to speak about it but get shot down all the time saying I'm asking for too much (basically if I don't want to just sit on the coach and watch whatever she's picked out I'm being clingy)
    She used to be so nice and I really felt like she cared for me but I don't know what to do anymore. I've tried playing her at her own game, but I don't like having to go to that effort to get a little bit of her attention. I really need advice. I think about breaking up with her a lot, but I just can't handle seeing her with someone else again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been with my girlfriend for a few years now. We used to be inseparable, have great fun and just really enjoy each other's company. About a year ago ago we broke up, both of us got with other people but we got back together soon after. We split because we started taking each other for granted, had lots of arguments etc but when I heard she'd been getting with other people I just couldn't handle the thought and wanted to try again. She's the only person I've ever loved and she says the same about me and when we split we tried really hard to prove to each other that we could make the relationship go back to how it was for the first few years, but since getting back together it's been exactly the opposite. I've done everything I could for her. I barely see her now because I felt like giving her space would be a good thing. I now see her maybe 2/3 times a week for a few hours and during that time all she wants to do is sit on her phone, go on the computer etc. I feel miserable, I've tried to speak about it but get shot down all the time saying I'm asking for too much (basically if I don't want to just sit on the coach and watch whatever she's picked out I'm being clingy)
    She used to be so nice and I really felt like she cared for me but I don't know what to do anymore. I've tried playing her at her own game, but I don't like having to go to that effort to get a little bit of her attention. I really need advice. I think about breaking up with her a lot, but I just can't handle seeing her with someone else again.

Sounds like you're in love with the idea of being with her rather than the girl herself
    A lot of stuff happened and sometimes things just cant go back to the way they were
    Call it off if you're having doubts
    Have a fewmonths or however long it takes you to get over it with no contact with the girl and then move on
    Might be hard to see her with other people but it is going to feel better in the long run trust me
    x

(Original post by BlahBlaBlahBla)
    Sounds like you're in love with the idea of being with her rather than the girl herself
    A lot of stuff happened and sometimes things just cant go back to the way they were
    Call it off if you're having doubts
    Have a fewmonths or however long it takes you to get over it with no contact with the girl and then move on
    Might be hard to see her with other people but it is going to feel better in the long run trust me
    x
    Thanks for your reply. I think you're right about being in love with the idea of her. When we broke up a few months ago I went through a really rough patch, using alcohol and drugs and doing other really stupid things to distract me from her but I just got into a lot of trouble. I'm so scared it will be like that again and it will be x10 worse if she actually starts dating someone. I'm also confused about why she doesn't make any effort or show any interest and yet stays with me? I've asked her if it's out of routine but she denies it. I'm just really confused about the way she's acting and she won't give me any answers.:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    when my ex started acting distant like that.... it was pretty much over for us. Communication is key, and if that's broken down and she refuses to talk to you about it (as mine did).... perhaps you would be better off finding the love and attention you crave elsewhere.

it'll work its self out either way in the end xxx

ReputationRep:
    The sad but honest truth is, mostly, when a couple tries again after a break up it's almost never as good as it was before.

ReputationRep:
    I now see her maybe 2/3 times a week for a few hours and during that time all she wants to do is sit on her phone
    Damn that vibrate function! :mad:

if I don't want to just sit on the coach and watch whatever she's picked out I'm being clingy
    Unfortunately it may be a bit late in the day to man up and inject some disciprine, but it sounds like it's ultimatum time son..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.