Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I've been assigned to Trent and don't know the area well. Could anyone give some insight into the hospitals there? I know Nottingham hospitals are put with Lincoln, but would like some info on Royal Derby etc?

Also, anyone else also in Trent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-starr)
    I've been assigned to Trent and don't know the area well. Could anyone give some insight into the hospitals there? I know Nottingham hospitals are put with Lincoln, but would like some info on Royal Derby etc?

Also, anyone else also in Trent?
    Hey,

I'm a Nottingham grad starting at Trent this year. We've got a group on Facebook we set up today so i'd recommend joining that!

Derby is a nice, new hospital and is generally SUPER organised. It's usually paired with King's Mill in Mansfield which is another new hospital and everyone i've met there is nice so imagine it'd be a friendly place to work. King's Mill F1s, that i'm aware, aren't expected to do night shifts so that may be a factor to consider.

The Nottingham hospitals I imagine would be a great experience to work in. Usually you'll work a little across both sites especially if you're primarily at City when you'll be expect to do on-calls at QMC (as City doesn't really do acute), tends to be a lot of complicated stuff though.

Lincoln is better than Boston as it's bigger and again everyone tends to be friendly and theres a great community spirit amongst the juniors that i've gather. Boston is... just... probably don't choose Boston jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am also starting in Trent this year as an outsider! Thanks for the advice, that actually is a lot of help. What is the name of the facebook group?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/539140479459383/

I actually set one up about a week ago, but then a notts student set up a new one and they obviously got more members as they just added their class. Lol Thats the link to the big one, i'll delete the other!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to Trent this year? Were you as surprised as I was that we have to rank East/West? Did they mention it before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-starr)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/539140479459383/

I actually set one up about a week ago, but then a notts student set up a new one and they obviously got more members as they just added their class. Lol Thats the link to the big one, i'll delete the other!
    Hey guys I am in trent as well QMC for F1 and Royal Darby for F2, the link is the 2013-15 group. I have been trying to find the 2014-16 group, if anyone could send the link for the 2014-16 group that would be amazing.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.