The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dee Leigh
Exactly.

I was raised in a family where interracial relationships are not seen as the 'norm' but I am aware of those beliefs and I don't choose to harbour those beliefs myself.

Someone loves the bbc
Reply 101
Original post by HumanSupremacist
Oh do be quiet.

This is 2013. I can't even believe that people still attempt to make a "case" against interracial relationships.

Please, do hop back on the train to the 1950s.

LMAO at the last sentence, hop
Reply 102
yayayayayay
It's a no no for me
I find all kinds of girls attractive, it is a curse. Culture and race mean nothing to me, I/we can adapt, we either get on or we don't, however, it is probably a different story from their side right?

Getting disapproving looks from their/my racial group is pretty annoying though and that is just walking together :s-smilie:. Some people have serious issues with even mixed race friendship it would seem.

Yay for relations with people.
(edited 11 years ago)
I am in one, and I don't see my girlfriend any differently to someone of my own "colour". If it's such a big issue, people need to move on fast because the world is evolving around them and they'll be the ones who are left behind.
Original post by MrJim
people who don't think culture or religion don't matter are abusing Western liberalism. You have to preserve it, not use it as an excuse to be a whore.

Yeah but being of a certain race doesnt always mean that there is going to be a different culture or religion in the UK. Particularly if you are 2nd or 3rd generation.

I was born in England but I have mixed black and chinese ancestry (and white if I go further back). I'm an atheist and havent been to the places where my ancestors originate so I feel somewhat rooted in the UK in terms of culture.

Personally I feel more attracted to those who look exotic to me, so as a result most of my relationships have been with white, Irish (why do is it still a separate ethnicity on some forms to white? Whatever) south-asian, hispanic or slavic men/women. It may also be a result of my mixed heritage that I desire to continue cocktailing my genes to make something new and interesting, but that's another story all together.
(edited 11 years ago)
I tend to find paler guys more attractive which is why I have never been in an interracial relationship, but that's due to personal preferences appearance wise. If I met a guy of a different race who I found really attractive - why not?
Original post by MrJim
people who don't think culture or religion don't matter are abusing Western liberalism. You have to preserve it, not use it as an excuse to be a whore.

I think it's about time England became secular and stopped using religion as an excuse for everything. We are living in a time of globalisation and increased social and cultural diversity! If you don't agree with someone's views, values and culture - just don't marry into it. You have a choice. But if someone is completely happy with the views of their partner, even if they are from a different culture, good for them!
As for your whore comment - what has sexual liberation got to do with anything?
I find white girls attractive, but not girls of my own ethnicity (south asian) very much.
However the survival function of my singleness has been
s(25)=1 .

What i think about love/relationships

http://dhammatalks.org/Archive/shorttalks/121004(short)_Food_for_the_Mind.mp3

all relationships end in loss. all relationships are attachments; We are clung to forms,feelings,perceptions,thought constructs and consciousness( five aggregates) in ourselves & others.

As long as your happiness/ well being depends on someone outside you will never have a stable happiness in your life . If you want a happiness that is independent from outside people and even your body then such a happiness comes only from within: by training & developing the good qualities of mind. Jhana: Responsible happiness
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Someone loves the bbc

Oh shut up!
Original post by Dee Leigh
Oh shut up!

Well no need to take it so negetively :smile:

BBC could be:

British Broadcasting Corporation
Big Busty Chicks
Big Block Chevy
Baptist Bible College
Bilionaires Baoys Club
Bombay Bicycle Club
Boston Borough Council (UK)
Before Business Clearance (NASA)
Bolder Bicycle Commuters (Colorado)
Big Blue Cup (Adventure Game Studios)

Barking Brassware Company (UK)

Pff the list is so long! But anyway, I certainly like BBC....not it the dirty way your thinking off :P
Original post by c3rys
Plus...mixed race children are generally beautiful :sogood:

creepy smiley use
Why not.
Original post by NathanW18
Oh, it's this thread again.
U always say that haha, i noticed u around, but for me its a complete different story, i am a whitey and have red hair and not all blacks are so fund of gingers like me. espacialy Arabs not... so yeah.....
Reply 115
The only pairing I think would be.... unwise is with a pygmy Indian with a Scandinavian. I just think the sexual relations would be disappointing or painful for one of the parties involved. But if they can work round that then good luck to them.
Original post by edwinemanuelposse
U always say that haha, i noticed u around, but for me its a complete different story, i am a whitey and have red hair and not all blacks are so fund of gingers like me. espacialy Arabs not... so yeah.....

I don't get the big fuss with white people and their weird hate relationship with redheads.

I don't get why you get mocked so much in your community. I see that the convention for white beauty is to have a tan and have blonde or brunette hair, but I find redheads much more unique and interesting to look at. Obviously depends on the person, but when I was in Sheffield, the best looking and coolest person around in this intimate minimal techno club had red hair. He was as fit as ****! And I didnt stand a chance in hell.
(edited 11 years ago)
Inter-racial relationships which bear offspring are far more fruitful - magnification of the gene pool.
Original post by HumanSupremacist
"Interracial relationships"? :confused:

What the hell is this - the 1960s? Apartheid South Africa?

I thought the big issue now is gay marriage and whatnot?

"Interracial" relationships - the hell??

Sometimes I marvel at what year it is...

You'll be surprised at how many people still have archaic views.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
who cares, it's just colour :cute:

Latest

Trending

Trending