Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Interracial Relationships : Yay or Nay ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i love genetic variation in my gene pool

ReputationRep:
    Don't see why not. Its personal choice and what not. I'm in one right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edwinemanuelposse)
    U always say that haha, i noticed u around, but for me its a complete different story, i am a whitey and have red hair and not all blacks are so fund of gingers like me. espacialy Arabs not... so yeah.....
    I was actually recognised? I'm shocked!

I always say it, because it's true. This thread comes up all the time.

I don't see what you mean by your situation being a different story? If some people of a certain race don't find you attractive, others probably will. This thread isn't even asking if you're attracted to other races. Just if you would date someone of another race.

ReputationRep:
    Cannot see for the life of me why race is still such an issue for people in 2013 and what if people do have a problem with them? only the very weak minded can let the opinions of other affect them.

Culture on the other hand is a whole other argument and not one I'm going to start in here!

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me how to get a date with a porcelain skin, blonde/brown/golden haired white girl..someone like jessica chastain.. what is the easiest way ? ahh...i m not white but from ceylon I dont find my ethnicity that attractive in a lustful way. Sad Eh..

ReputationRep:
    I'm asian and I love black girls

ReputationRep:
    i'm asian and ive always fancied white guys

ReputationRep:
    Nay. Keep the bloodline pure.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with mixed race relationships. Just look at Jess Ennis for example; her dad's Jamaican and her mum's a shotputter.

Seriously though, I don't see why it's a problem as long as there isn't a culture clash. I'd date an Asian girl for example but one of my friends is with an Asian lad, been with him 6 years and still hasn't met his parents as they wouldn't approve of her so they have to keep their relationship secret. No chance I'd do that.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I do not think that for an educated and open-minded and good human being race should be a factor when it comes to dating. Communication and comfort are the so much more important.

A difference in race can imply a sort of cultural difference I suppose, which is something that that couple can bridge by understand and accepting or let the relationship sink.
    Like dating someone with different religious beliefs!!
    My dad is atheist and my mother is religious and in the 24 years they have been married it has never come between them.

This understanding and willingness to embrace something different, is something that is probably more of a requirement in a mixed couple.
    Mutual respect for the other person's beliefs and accepting them and loving them for who they are is so much more important than the place where we come from, how we look, what we believe etc, don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth would there be anything wrong with it?

ReputationRep:
    Yay thru and thru.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nay ... Lets the blacks , whites , indians , chinese ...etc conserve their race.

ReputationRep:
    I'm white and my GF is hispanic. I guess that answers your question.

ReputationRep:
    PERFECTLY fine. Its 2013 jeez does colour even make people different. Im black and my boyfriend's white. We are the happiest couple in the world. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    They're not saying everyone should be in an interracial relationship. if you want by all means date someone your colour.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been in a non-interracial relationship, so for me its normal, so I find it weird when its a big deal to others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptainDudeson)
    Nay. Keep the bloodline pure.
    Are you a Death Eater?

ReputationRep:
    Some men who date outside their race have very loose, racial opinions of the women of the race they 'use'. It's only White women who are generally racially unaware though.

Some comments I have seen on youtube lately have been very disturbing too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordBradburn)
    Well let me put it this way,

Would you let your sister go out with someone from a different race?
    Yes. Why, what was your point?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2017
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.