Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Help, do I be 'brutal' and give my honest thoughts, or just ignore? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna try and word this as much as possible so that I'm not identifiable. I met this guy, and for months we have been texting every single day. A few times I've had days where I can't handle how much he texts me and just not replied because it's overwhelming. I'm having one of those days today, except I've got so many more issues I don't know whether to just say them all , or to just ignore him and hope he goes away?

Some of the issues are that every single day of his life without fail he goes to his best friends house to do work on this thing, despite that fact that his best friends wife has just had a baby.

He's never had a relationship, or any sort of intimacy with a woman and he's 26 and he spends every second doing work on making cars.

Whenever I make statements about certain things, or let him know certain things through conversation, such as I don't eat junk food, or I want to live in the countryside, he all of a sudden wants to do these things, despite he has previously told me the contrary, like he loves burgers and chips and stuff.

And when I tell him something personal, like something bad that I've experienced like everyone else has, he doesn't know how to react, so he doesn't he just doesn't text back for hours and then texts back completely ignoring what I last said as if nothing ever happened.

So do I tell him all these things, or do I just ignore him, would you want to know?

ReputationRep:
    I think in the interests of him learning, he needs to know. If this kills the potential of a relationship, so be it, cause what kind of bf do you think he's gonna be if he's like this now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spiral87)
    I think in the interests of him learning, he needs to know. If this kills the potential of a relationship, so be it, cause what kind of bf do you think he's gonna be if he's like this now.
    That's what I was thinking but it just seems so harsh I don't know :/

ReputationRep:
    'I LOVE BURGERS AND CHIPS' : ))))))))))

Sounds like a real interesting guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    That's what I was thinking but it just seems so harsh I don't know :/
    Of course it's harsh, it'll hurt his feelings...but he's 26 years old, he's still doing things "wrong". Telling him would be a very charitable, selfless thing to do, because in the long run, cutting him off will just leave him hanging and he'll go crazy. I know because I've been that guy before (in some ways).

ReputationRep:
    I reckon he's interested in you. A lot of guys once they 'have' the girl tone this down a lot more.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.