The Student Room Group

Panicc any exam officers around?? Help!!!

I am kind of panicking right now... let me explain my situation
I sat Edexcel AS Maths in June 2012 and my unit grades were
C1- 79 (B)
C2- 66 (C)
S1- 66 (C)
This equated to a B overall.
I resat in January 2013 in an external center and I've actually gone down
C1-66 (C)
C2-57 (D)
S1-57 (D)
This equates to a C overall.
Now, my center said that I could check my results and then cash in, this would mean that I wouldn't have to cash in anything I did badly in so I wouldn't have to show unis that I had resat unless the grade went up.

I went to collect my result today and obviously saw that it had gone down but that it had also already been cashed in, despite the fact that I was told I could check and then decide.

Is it possible to 'undo' this cash in?

If this is not possible do I have to declare the resit grade? I have been told that my new certificate will have the old grade on it, when I apply to uni, will I have to enter the 'B' grade twice or do I enter it just once as the certificate will contain a 'B' grade, the same as last time?

Can anybody help me?? Please??
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by SarahAlexis
I am kind of panicking right now... let me explain my situation
I sat Edexcel AS Maths in June 2012 and my unit grades were
C1- 79 (B)
C2- 66 (C)
S1- 66 (C)
This equated to a B overall.
I resat in January 2013 in an external center and I've actually gone down
C1-66 (C)
C2-57 (D)
S1-57 (D)
This equates to a C overall.
Now, my center said that I could check my results and then cash in, this would mean that I wouldn't have to cash in anything I did badly in so I wouldn't have to show unis that I had resat unless the grade went up.

I went to collect my result today and obviously saw that it had gone down but that it had also already been cashed in, despite the fact that I was told I could check and then decide.

Is it possible to 'undo' this cash in?

If this is not possible do I have to declare the resit grade? I have been told that my new certificate will have the old grade on it, when I apply to uni, will I have to enter the 'B' grade twice or do I enter it just once as the certificate will contain a 'B' grade, the same as last time?

Can anybody help me?? Please??

Anyone?? I'm really upset about this :frown:
Reply 2
Anyone?? I'm really upset about this:

You cannot undo a cash-in but for a cash-in always the highest mark you received counts so your final grade at cash-in will reflect the best of your attempts.
The only way to undo it is to re-cash in when you sit your A2 papers which will release the units. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest