The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2540
Original post by Jodie_668
Yes because the triglycerides come from crops or waste vegetable oil :smile:

Anyone want to do a good hour of shooting questions at each other to test all our knowledge?
Original post by _HabibaH_
These OCR people are sneaky you know! They put it in a flow chart-y thing in the 2nd module on Page 62.

Ah, thank you! I thought that flowchart summarised everything we'd learnt so far, maybe I should look at it a bit closer....
Reply 2543
Original post by MathsNerd1
Anyone want to do a good hour of shooting questions at each other to test all our knowledge?

Okay!

This is stretch and chanllege

state the bond angle in R2C=NH
Reply 2544
Original post by mrmccarl
the byproduct is oh-.
nope you don't...its only from primary alcohol to aldehyde you form water for the reasons which i have no idea. :smile:

Okay cool well I shall remember that then :smile:
Reply 2545
Original post by otrivine
Okay!

Okay!

Which part as I'd say 120 degrees when it comes to the double bond but not sure which part you want.
Reply 2547
Original post by thers
Reaction 4 was just a alkali hydrolysis reaction. Didn't really have anything to do with azo dye formation.

Oh! Thank you very much.

Why was the mark scheme so particular about it being "hot aqueous NaOH". Why wouldn't just NaOH cut it?
Reply 2548
Any tips on how to structure an answer using the evidence from carbon-13/H NMR to identify a structure? Thanks in advance
Reply 2549
Original post by Zzzyax

correct

my turn
Reply 2550
Which part as I'd say 120 degrees when it comes to the double bond but not sure which part you want.

correct, all of it is 120 all the parts

my turn
Reply 2551
Can someone help me with identifying the number of chiral carbons because I know they are attached to 4 different groups but I can never seem to get the correct number of them.

Q3bii
Question paper: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/131288-question-paper-unit-f324-rings-polymers-and-analysis.pdf
Mark scheme: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/135165-mark-scheme-unit-f324-rings-polymers-and-analysis-june.pdf

Thank you :smile:
Reply 2552
has anyone got the january 2013 paper please??
Reply 2553
Original post by Raafae
Oh! Thank you very much.

Why was the mark scheme so particular about it being "hot aqueous NaOH". Why wouldn't just NaOH cut it?

Because the mark scheme that year was more specific. OCR change the mark scheme each year for similar questions to stop people from memorizing mark schemes.
So.... What is the reagent and observation to distinguish between a ketone and an aldehyde?
Reply 2555
Original post by thers
Because the mark scheme that year was more specific. OCR change the mark scheme each year for similar questions to stop people from memorizing mark schemes.

did you do the A* questions in the book?
correct, all of it is 120 all the parts

my turn

Define pharmalogical activity.
Reply 2557
correct

my turn

will a phenol react with a carboxylic acid?
Reply 2558
did you do the A* questions in the book?

I've not used the textbook at all so no.
Reply 2559
Define pharmalogical activity.

this is where there are 2 optical isomers and only of the isomers are more effective , have the pharmaological effect , the required effect while the other isomer may lead to adverse side effects