Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I know this has probably been asked before, but- unofficial mark scheme around anywhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reneetaylor)
    I put diol instead of triol! Haha, I'm sure you haven't done as bad as you think though, just keep positive and TRY to enjoy your summer.

Probably 47 for an A, 43 for a B 39 for a C.
    Haha thanks! Hopefully I will have got a B. Think F325 went a bit better so hopefully I will still have an A overall. Oh well... knew I'd screw up Chemistry anyway. I still have 2 exams left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    where it says name the reaction was it redox?
    I think reduction or nucleophilic addition becasue your adding the Hydride nucleophile?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucindaellaaa)
    I got this too!

I'm so confused cause people are getting like 69 or 70
    people who got 69 and 70 are wrong! I checked it so many times!

thank god they gave us the Mr or else I would have got it wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gulzar)
    I think reduction or nucleophilic addition becasue your adding the Hydride nucleophile?
    I remember !! in the legacy they accepted reduction/redox

ReputationRep:
    ngl i thought this paper was hard! similar answers to you guys, but the style of paper was weird! would've taken jan 2013 any day! didn't like the alcohol question with the 3D triangle/wedges.

ReputationRep:
    How did u explain the trans fats in CHD question?
    Presence of a double bond means restricted rotation around the double bond as both carbons are attached to two different groups as a result, the isomer which is currently in its cis form could change to trans. The trans form means that the molecule packs more easily and becomes a solid more readily as a result an atheromtous plaque builds up in the coronary arteries leading to heart disease....

ReputationRep:
    How did u explain the trans fats in CHD question?
    More LDL which can be deposited in the wall of the ateries and cause an aetheroma. ( cannot spell it -_-)

ReputationRep:
    The percentage question I got 63.2 I got the Mr of the compund G which was 174

and then did the moles divided by the moles
    I got 63.2 aswell and yes it was, but the correct structure is only usually 3 marks the rest of the marks would be from working out

ReputationRep:
    defo getting an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reneetaylor)
    More LDL which can be deposited in the wall of the ateries and cause an aetheroma. ( cannot spell it -_-)
    exactly what I put and used my knowledge of F212 and talked about the fatty deposits in the artery wall under endothelium

ReputationRep:
    people who got 69 and 70 are wrong! I checked it so many times!

thank god they gave us the Mr or else I would have got it wrong
    I remember !! in the legacy they accepted reduction/redox
    I remember getting like 63.6% ish, are you sure you used your calculator answer or?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serpentine111)
    Haha thanks! Hopefully I will have got a B. Think F325 went a bit better so hopefully I will still have an A overall. Oh well... knew I'd screw up Chemistry anyway. I still have 2 exams left
    Good luck for those upcoming exams, and stay positive!
    It looks like you've got everything under control

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepontrying)
    I got 63.2 aswell and yes it was, but the correct structure is only usually 3 marks the rest of the marks would be from working out
    the rest of the mark , I taked about doublet, heptet and septet and talked about the chemical shifts ?

ReputationRep:
    not sure but the book put the phenylamine reacting with HNO2 and HCL?

it was alright and you
    yeah that is right for the equation, but the reagents technically should be NaNO2 and HCl as HNO2 is made in situ

NaNO2 + HCl ----> NaCl + HNO2

the HNO2 and HCL and Phenylamine all react, but you can't add HNO2 you have to make it in situ,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sly1)
    defo getting an A
    Ohh look at you :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegendX)
    I remember getting like 63.6% ish, are you sure you used your calculator answer or?
    if I remember it came to 63.15 somethign so to 3 sig fig i get 63.2 % ?

ReputationRep:
    I got something like 63.5 percent for the percentage yield.

ReputationRep:
    the rest of the mark , I taked about doublet, heptet and septet and talked about the chemical shifts ?
    yes and splitting patterns and analysed the carbon nmr, I didn't actually say heptet I multiplet for that one but did name others , both are accepted on previous m.s though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patel3000)
    yeah that is right for the equation, but the reagents technically should be NaNO2 and HCl as HNO2 is made in situ

NaNO2 + HCl ----> NaCl + HNO2

the HNO2 and HCL and Phenylamine all react, but you can't add HNO2 you have to make it in situ,
    read the book, they put the benzene what ever reacting with the HNO2+HCL

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/63346-m...me-january.pdf

evidence for you

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.