The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3380
Original post by Sly1
Redox =oxidation and reduction

So why Mark scheme accepts redox and reduction
Reply 3381
Original post by Onkar-M
Don't mean to be a pain about the mark scheme but it keeps coming and disappearing?!

Sorry, it should be fine now. :smile:
Reply 3382
Original post by otrivine
So why Mark scheme accepts redox and reduction

because probably redox can be reduction and also be oxidation. it will be better though if you say reduction.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Mus1995
Yup. Difficult paper and bad day for me. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Difficult paper = low grade boundaries. A lot of people were caught out both on that question and on the vectors question, so cheer up! At least your Chemistry went ok... I'm really worried that the mark scheme's going to be fussy and the grade boundaries high, if it is then I won't have got my A* in Chemistry :frown: But we'll see, hopefully everything will be good :smile:
Reply 3384
Original post by Varsh05
Could you re-post the link please??

It's linked on the previous page (after the post you quoted).
I named the organic product in question 1 as 'Niall' after me.

Just kidding, does anyone think I'll get the mark for putting bromo before amino?
Reply 3386
Original post by Brad0440
Sorry, it should be fine now. :smile:

Dw,it is now,thanks :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm gutted i didn't read alkaline hydrolysis on the first question wah :frown:
Reply 3388
Original post by Zaphod77
Difficult paper = low grade boundaries. A lot of people were caught out both on that question and on the vectors question, so cheer up! At least your Chemistry went ok... I'm really worried that the mark scheme's going to be fussy and the grade boundaries high, if it is then I won't have got my A* in Chemistry :frown: But we'll see, hopefully everything will be good :smile:

Thanks man that makes me feel a bit better. I was so depressed and demotivated. I still am a bit. Got FP3 on Monday. I don't really see the point.

I really hope you get the grades you want. We all have worked so hard. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mus1995
Thanks man that makes me feel a bit better. I was so depressed and demotivated. I still am a bit. Got FP3 on Monday. I don't really see the point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, I know that feeling, but take a break for today and then work again tomorrow, I can never get work done if I've had a bad exam because any mistakes make me feel worse! I have FP2 on Friday, not looking forward to that... I really hope you get the grades you want, I'm sure you will, just stay positive! It'll all be ok in the end :smile:
* The 1H NMR spectrum includes an integration trace. What information can be deduced about compound L from the integration trace? (1)

For this question, im sure that saying it tells you the number of proton envnironments would NOT get you the mark. As I believe the mark is in you saying that it tells you the number of protons/hydrogen atoms present in the original compound as the question states WHAT DOES THE INTEGRATION trace tell you NOT the number of peaks...

What do ya'll think?
According to the unofficial schemes I've only dropped 6 marks, maybe less if they except the name either way around. Can't believe I put it goes from green to orange though -.- Such an idiot! But got the majority correct so could this be enough for the A*?
Reply 3392
did anybody else get then "erratum" speech, about the mis-print on page 5?

because the misspelling made a loads of difference to what the question was actually asking for :')
Original post by LegendX
* The 1H NMR spectrum includes an integration trace. What information can be deduced about compound L from the integration trace? (1)

For this question, im sure that saying it tells you the number of proton envnironments would NOT get you the mark. As I believe the mark is in you saying that it tells you the number of protons/hydrogen atoms present in the original compound as the question states WHAT DOES THE INTEGRATION trace tell you NOT the number of peaks...

What do ya'll think?

I thought it was the number of protons present in each proton environment? Is that what you mean? That's what I wrote :smile:
Original post by LegendX

What do ya'll think?

I'm sure the integration trace tells you the ratio of hydrogens in the original compound for each environment?
How many marks have poeple lost according to the unoffical mark scheme?
Reply 3396
Original post by Mus1995

Posted from TSR Mobile

And I thought me having FP2 was bad enough. :O
Original post by MathsNerd1
According to the unofficial schemes I've only dropped 6 marks, maybe less if they except the name either way around. Can't believe I put it goes from green to orange though -.- Such an idiot! But got the majority correct so could this be enough for the A*?

I'm hoping so! But I don't know, it wasn't a difficult paper...
Reply 3398
Original post by otrivine
I think they would acceptmthat although in Mark scheme they accept either redox or reductio

ah well i think i have just lost my A* in chemistry by like 1 or 2 ums
Original post by Zaphod77
I'm hoping so! But I don't know, it wasn't a difficult paper...

Yeah it was rather easy, just grateful I got my A at least :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending