The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3480
Original post by Gulzar
2/3 actually otrivine. We got the funtional groups correct but wrong way round...we get 2.
If u got one functional group wrong then its 1/3 :smile:

I see, so 2/3 marks then not bad, better than getting 0 or 1:tongue:
Reply 3481
How many marks would u think u would get for explaining the spectrums but not stating how many hydrogen enviroments and not getting the right structure out of 7?
okay guys exams r finished now so everybody tell me where r u from, wat clg/school u go and wat uni r u going for wat course? :biggrin:
Reply 3483
Original post by hussaincute
okay guys exams r finished now so everybody tell me where r u from, wat clg/school u go and wat uni r u going for wat course? :biggrin:

Wat :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LegendX
Ye

are a peak with seven is a heptuplet not a septuplet
For drawing the other optical isomer question I replaced the wedges with solid lines- is this completely wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thers
Overall a typical F324 paper. There were some easy questions, many average and some hard questions.

I think the grade boundaries will be:

A*-53
A-47 or 48
B-42
C-38
D-33
E-28

In comparison to Jan '13 F324, this was slightly harder so I agree with your predicted boundaries. The analysis question and the question about the diol, optical isomerism, NaBH4 reduction, etc. need some thought. As you say, a typical F324 paper.
Unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by quickcooltiger
For drawing the other optical isomer question I replaced the wedges with solid lines- is this completely wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This may sound horrible but you should assume the worst and assume you have lost that mark (and to be fair, the wedges are quite important if they are used in a question).
Original post by wakaas
How many marks would u think u would get for explaining the spectrums but not stating how many hydrogen enviroments and not getting the right structure out of 7?

4-5 marks, depends on the extent to which your structure was incorrect and also, upon whether the structure is worth one or two marks.
who edited the mark scheme with the highlighted yellow writing?
did everyone draw the cyclic ester and h20 as the bi-product? 99% sure that's right
Reply 3493
Original post by keepontrying
did everyone draw the cyclic ester and h20 as the bi-product? 99% sure that's right

yes you're good!
Reply 3494
I got 63.5 too as did lots of people I spoke to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Onkar-M
yes you're good!

yay, because someone on the mark scheme wrote by the side of it something else which didn't make sense but yay its fine aha
Reply 3496
Do people agree with the optical isomers on the mark scheme, or was it something else (I think I read a few people saying they swapped wedge lines for dashed or something?)?
Reply 3497
Original post by Brad0440
Do people agree with the optical isomers on the mark scheme, or was it something else (I think I read a few people saying they swapped wedge lines for dashed or something?)?

will they accept 0.53 for the amino acid? I mean it depends on the ruler the person uses right?

what was the answer on the third monomer question 1 mark
Reply 3498
Original post by Saurus95
4-5 marks, depends on the extent to which your structure was incorrect and also, upon whether the structure is worth one or two marks.

The structure was not correct at all but i wrote the explanation but didnt not write how many proton enviroments there how many marks do you think?
thanks
Reply 3499
Original post by quickcooltiger

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm afraid so. The WHOLE POINT of wedges and dashes is to show the relative arrangement in 3D for optical isomers

Latest

Trending

Trending