Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Is it time to move on from him? Watch

Me and my boyfriend have been together a few years. The last term of uni, he hasn't really been talking to me he just says he's busy or needs time alone, he the last two terms he has cancelled or reschedules dates on the day to go and watch tv with his friends. I love him and I know he loves me, but he won't spend any time with me or have a conversation longer than 5 min he says hes to busy and again goes down the road to watch tv with friends, He's my first boyfriend and I don't know how to fix the problem or if we've just grown to far apart, and I don't want to loose him I've tried going to his friends and taken an interest in his things.

ReputationRep:
    If he doesn't want to spend time with you, as you should in a relationship, then something is very wrong indeed. Don't let him string you along or vice versa.. get it sorted out.

this happened to me just before we broke up. A huge lack of interest and i knew we were drifting and going to split up but i kept trying to deny it.

Its a huge sign that something is wrong in the relationship, and if it carries on like this he will end up breaking up with you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.