Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzbizz)
    Did the question ask how to store a more accurate representation using the same number of bits? Because I just wrote increase the number of bits in the mantissa so numbers can be stored to a greater precision!
    The question said:

"Explain how the floating point system USED could be modified to allow a more accurate representation of 6.9"

I presumed the word 'used' meant the system used in the earlier part of the question so you only had 12 bits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JASApplications)
    The question said:

"Explain how the floating point system USED could be modified to allow a more accurate representation of 6.9"

I presumed the word 'used' meant the system used in the earlier part of the question so you only had 12 bits.
    They just mean a general floating point system using 1 to signify negative etc,but im sure either answer has to be accepted especially if they are vague!

ReputationRep:
    The question said:

I guess if it said that, by saying the mantissa would require more bits kind of implies the exponent would be left with less bits.. oh well whatevs

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary predictions?

70 for an A? I think was probably about the same difficultly as June 2011 and that was 70.

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary predictions?

70 for an A? I think was probably about the same difficultly as June 2011 and that was 70.
    This was slightly harder (IMO), but I think the boundary might be 72/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hullo)
    This was slightly harder (IMO), but I think the boundary might be 72/3
    Is it seriously on 70 for an A :O! Perhaps I may have one in that case

Only think I dropped around 25 marks max really-wicked

In my opinion it was harder than any of the previous papers,but only due to its rather specific nature really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KING2011BOB)
    Is it seriously on 70 for an A :O! Perhaps I may have one in that case

Only think I dropped around 25 marks max really-wicked

In my opinion it was harder than any of the previous papers,but only due to its rather specific nature really
    Yup, Jun 10, Jun 11.. 70 for an A. Last year shot up to 77 :confused:.. it MIGHT go pear shaped this year and shoot up to like 83 or something, but I doubt it

ReputationRep:
    are there no unofficial mark schemes or anything going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys does anyone have a copy of the paper? I would really appreciate it if someone could get one (maybe from a teacher?)

Anyways I was just wondering, for the DDL question (creating the Furniture table), for some of the fields I wrote VARCHAR(50). I know 50 is quite a large value for fields (e.g. FurnitureName) but do you think it would be alright?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreenArrow)
    Guys does anyone have a copy of the paper? I would really appreciate it if someone could get one (maybe from a teacher?)

Anyways I was just wondering, for the DDL question (creating the Furniture table), for some of the fields I wrote VARCHAR(50). I know 50 is quite a large value for fields (e.g. FurnitureName) but do you think it would be alright?
    In the mark schemes, it always says 'accept any reasonable length'. So for the description, any length between probably 10-200 would be fine.

ReputationRep:
    In the mark schemes, it always says 'accept any reasonable length'. So for the description, any length between probably 10-200 would be fine.
    Ooooh, I just remembered that I forgot to add lengths..
    I put varchar for the primary key and text for the other text fields, but no numbers in brackets.

Reckon theres any chance that I will still get the marks? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slash2k0)
    Ooooh, I just remembered that I forgot to add lengths..
    I put varchar for the primary key and text for the other text fields, but no numbers in brackets.

Reckon theres any chance that I will still get the marks? :/
    Probably 1/3.

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries, numbers in brackets are changes from last year
    120 UMS - 91 (-6)
    A* - 83 (-4)
    A - 75 (-2)
    B - 67 (0)
    C - 59 (+1)
    D - 51 (+2)
    E - 43 (+3)

I'm expecting myself to be around the A/B area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timmyf1)
    Grade boundaries, numbers in brackets are changes from last year
    A* - 83 (-4)
    A - 75 (-2)
    B - 67 (0)
    C - 59 (+1)
    D - 51 (+2)
    E - 43 (+3)

I'm expecting myself to be around the A/B area.
    Not bad, I expected a tad lower but can't complain really! Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Got my results. I managed to scrape an A* by 2 UMS. My coursework got moderated down hugely from 77 UMS to 69 but hey, still got an A*. Good luck to you all.

ReputationRep:
    75 ums in Comp 4 and 96 in Comp 3 so just missed out on A*, very happy though considering my teacher left us half way through the year...

Hopefully everyone has the results they hoped for

ReputationRep:
    102 in Comp3 & 54 in Comp4 means I just scrape an A with 320/400 UMS which is what I was expecting.

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please explain to me how Computing is graded? What mark overall do you actually need to get an A*?

My module results today were 107 in COMP3, 69 in COMP4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sketch)
    Could someone please explain to me how Computing is graded? What mark overall do you actually need to get an A*?

My module results today were 107 in COMP3, 69 in COMP4
    When you add up all four unit marks you need 320+
    and when you add up the marks for COMP3 and COMP4 you need 180+

Assuming you got high enough at AS, you were only 4 UMS away my friend

I hope you got into the uni of your choice though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LogicGoat)
    When you add up all four unit marks you need 320+
    and when you add up the marks for COMP3 and COMP4 you need 180+

Assuming you got high enough at AS, you were only 4 UMS away my friend

I hope you got into the uni of your choice though
    Wow :eek:

And so even though my total (AS + A2) is 336, and both of my A2 units are past the A* boundary (which were 83 for COMP3's and 67 for COMP4's), it still isn't enough?

Spoiler:
    Show
    And yeah, I guess Imperial isn't too bad :rolleyes: Where are you going?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.