Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I had to choose my IB options this week, and I'm not very sure of my choices. I want to study either Law, Business, Econ/Finance in Uni in the UK, and I'm not quite sure if I chose the right classes.
    HL: English A Lang and Lit, Math, Business and Management, Economics
    SL: Arabic A Lang and Lit, Chemistry
    What are your thoughts??
    Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm an IB student myself who is going to uni next year

Uhmm, I think your subject choices are best for Business, Econ/finance- actually they're like perfect for those subjects

However, if you want to study law I would recommend that you take History HL (instead of Business and management) - it's seen as a very important analytic subject, making for a good law student...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I did initially opt for History HL instead of Econ HL, but I want to keep my options open. I've been told that History is desirable, but not essential for Law. People have told me that as long as you take subjects involving analytical skills, it wouldn't make much of a difference. Do you think that I should exchange either Business or Economics for History? Or would my current subjects be the best choices to keep my options open?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.