The Student Room Group

Don't You Just Hate It When People Tell You To Hurry Up

Scroll to see replies

It depends. I've worked in Waitrose and John Lewis before and some people are really slow on the tills etc. I hate slow people e.g. when you're in a shopping centre on a saturday and there's people just ambling along as if they literally have nowhere better to be, getting in everyone's way. Similarly when I'm at a till and the cashiers either make me wait by faffing around or talking to other cashiers I get really pissed off. Customers generally want quick efficient service and if you're being slow obviously they will get annoyed, if they're nipping into a shop for some phone top up and you're slow then yes, you have slowed them down from getting their bus. Most customers didn't care and I don't advocate customers being rude at all even if you are slow, but personally I agree because slow people annoy me so much. If you walk slowly, do things slowly, talk slowly I really can't tolerate you. Ha.
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
To be fair the initial post wasn't really bitching , he has had a hard time due to difficult customers which are encountered throughout many types of work (im sure there is a mega thread somewhere called difficult customers , go and read it to work on your empathy) , its not as simple as "if you cant do the job well don't do it" , if bills have to be paid then you need to work . Your not really bad at your job just because you have issues dealing with customers who be difficult on purpose. (who are in the minority) .

Some customers are bitches. I regularly read Not Always Right, so believe me, I'm aware. My empathy does not lie with someone who has the audacity to complain about a small minority of customers, when people are desperate for jobs.

Part of his job is dealing with difficult customers. That's pretty much a given in any form of customer-related work.
Reply 42
What I hate more than most things is people who toot their horns at learner drivers who are at junctions to tell them to hurry up. Hate those folk.
Reply 43
Why is everyone so worked up that the OP is simply venting about something that annoys him in his job?
He isn't saying he deserves to work and others don't, or demonstrating an attitude that suggests his role would be better performed by another. He's simply saying some customers are rude and incosiderate and that it annoys him!

Yes, it's his job to deal with people like this. That doesn't mean he can't moan about it. Almost everyone moans about some aspect of their job. Especially something like rudeness from customers, where it really doesn't need to happen.
Reply 44
Customers are certainly in no position to be telling you to hurry up. Give yourself more time to do time consuming things if you don't want to be in a hurry. I missed a train today, didn't leave enough time, was in a hurry... the ticket staff weren't. I'll make sure I give myself more time to do things! Thankfully my error didn't cost me anything but that's beside the point.

On the old 'the customer is always right' adage, they aren't. If he wants his wall painting orange then by all means do as the man says despite the fact that this will devalue his house. As soon as they start telling you how to do or job or generally entering the realms of being a dickhead, they cease to be correct.
Reply 45
Original post by TenOfThem
I take it that the adage "the customer is always right" has not been part of your training

Boring and wrong.

Why don't you read the Annoying Customers thread - then try and repeat with a straight face - "the customer is always right".
Reply 46
'Accidentally' drop their change or make up other ways to be slow about it. Obviously you're not being deliberately slow, and if they accuse you of it they then they can see what it's really like if you are being deliberately slow.
Reply 47
Original post by tehforum
Boring and wrong.

Why don't you read the Annoying Customers thread - then try and repeat with a straight face - "the customer is always right".

Thats so true... some people just dont understand
Reply 48
Original post by Katie_p
Why is everyone so worked up that the OP is simply venting about something that annoys him in his job?
He isn't saying he deserves to work and others don't, or demonstrating an attitude that suggests his role would be better performed by another. He's simply saying some customers are rude and incosiderate and that it annoys him!

Yes, it's his job to deal with people like this. That doesn't mean he can't moan about it. Almost everyone moans about some aspect of their job. Especially something like rudeness from customers, where it really doesn't need to happen.

Thank you Katie_p, its finally good to hear someone that understands my situation
Reply 49
Original post by Schichtoe
What I hate more than most things is people who toot their horns at learner drivers who are at junctions to tell them to hurry up. Hate those folk.

OMG thats so true. Im also a learner driver and people behind me always have the cheek to beep at me and hurry up. Because of them, I end up stalling or making mistakes. Some people lack common sense or just ignorant. I once showed my middle finger at the driver behind me and they got really scared.Bitch deserved it
Reply 50
you try it for a while yourself, not briefly, properly, then come back here, and tell everyone how you truthfully feel ! you sound like a barstool expert !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending