Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Self-Study through uses of books? Watch

ReputationRep:
    How does one construct solid self-study plan? I plan to self-study for an IT qualification I can literally book the exams when I please, I have the exam objectives and solid revision material but how the hell do I organize this so I retain all the information and progress as though I would If I were studying at college? I have never really though about the effort and teacher must put into a lesson plan in order to work the students up to the final stage of the course till now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing self-learning A levels in Biology and RS... It is hard, and you do need to be very motivated (especially if doing other things at the same time, e.g. work.)

I make study time tables, read through material, then write down what I remember, then go back to see what I've missed, and add to my notes. I then use these for revision. Where possible, discuss what you're learning with friends, family or colleagues. If someone will test you, that's really helpful, and do practice tests to see if/ where you're going wrong.

Pretty similar to regular revision! Good luck!!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.