Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I have applied and received conditional offers for the following:

York: PPE
    Cardiff: Politics and Economics
    Sussex: Economics and International Relations

I wanted to hear your thoughts on which would be better for the course I'm taking. As well which university would be better in terms of education, societies, environment, people, and so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heynikki)
    I have applied and received conditional offers for the following:

York: PPE
    Cardiff: Politics and Economics
    Sussex: Economics and International Relations

I wanted to hear your thoughts on which would be better for the course I'm taking. As well which university would be better in terms of education, societies, environment, people, and so on.
    I can't help much on this but I'm in the same situation with Cardiff and Manchester :/
    For yours though, I'd say York is probably the most well respected (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
    From what I've seen of Cardiff it seems really nice, I love Cardiff as a place anyway and would love to study there.
    Sorry I can't be of more help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superunknown17)
    I can't help much on this but I'm in the same situation with Cardiff and Manchester :/
    For yours though, I'd say York is probably the most well respected (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
    From what I've seen of Cardiff it seems really nice, I love Cardiff as a place anyway and would love to study there.
    Sorry I can't be of more help!
    A lot of people I know seem to be partial to Cardiff. But I never seem to get objective answers from them. :\ But thanks though, and I hope you manage to decide where you'd want to end up soon

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff is a nice city if that helps, people are friendly and you can have a good time.

As for the department I'm not too sure with the arts side of things, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably going to be starting York PPE this year Seems like a great course

I'm not too sure if the student life is anything to shout about, the consensus seems to be that it's not bad but not incredible either, but it's meant to be one of the unis with the highest ratio of societies per student if that's a concern. I'm looking forward to it.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.