Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Disappointing result and ask for important decision. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure about what to do now with my A2 Jan exam result. May I ask for help here?

What I've got in AS was a High A in Maths , low A's in Chemistry, Physics and Further maths. However my A2 result drop down a lot. I have got 68/90 in G484 OCR Physics, 65/90 in F324 OCR Chemistry and 58/100 in AQA Further maths FP2.

First question. Can I swap my Maths units with Further Maths units? I have already done C1, C2, C3 and D1 and will be doing M1 and C4 in June. I have got 92% in D1 and i am quite confident to get over 90% in M1. Therefore i want to switch them with my non pure units with lowest mark in Further Maths.

Second question is about Further Maths as well. As I am self studying, i can choose any units in next June Exam. I have done FP1, FP2, S1 and S2 so far. What unit should I choose for the next two Futher maths units? I am currently considering between FP3, M2 and S3. Which two do you think is easier for self study? Or should I go for others like D2?

Last question is about Science. Since A*AA is the requirement from Uni, I need one more A. I am definitely going to resit AS Physics unit 2 as it is links to A2 unit 5 and i got only a B on that one. Is it a good idea to resit A2 Science unit as well?

Thank you so much for reading this long paragraph!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaronlin)
    I am not sure about what to do now with my A2 Jan exam result. May I ask for help here?

What I've got in AS was a High A in Maths , low A's in Chemistry, Physics and Further maths. However my A2 result drop down a lot. I have got 68/90 in G484 OCR Physics, 65/90 in F324 OCR Chemistry and 58/100 in AQA Further maths FP2.

First question. Can I swap my Maths units with Further Maths units? I have already done C1, C2, C3 and D1 and will be doing M1 and C4 in June. I have got 92% in D1 and i am quite confident to get over 90% in M1. Therefore i want to switch them with my non pure units with lowest mark in Further Maths.

Second question is about Further Maths as well. As I am self studying, i can choose any units in next June Exam. I have done FP1, FP2, S1 and S2 so far. What unit should I choose for the next two Futher maths units? I am currently considering between FP3, M2 and S3. Which two do you think is easier for self study? Or should I go for others like D2?

Last question is about Science. Since A*AA is the requirement from Uni, I need one more A. I am definitely going to resit AS Physics unit 2 as it is links to A2 unit 5 and i got only a B on that one. Is it a good idea to resit A2 Science unit as well?

Thank you so much for reading this long paragraph!

You have to keep all the Core Maths Modules (C1, C2, C3, C4) for your Maths A level anything else you can play with e.g M1 and D1 or M1 and S1 or D1 and S1 but if you have M2 you must have M1. Either way the exam board will decide this for you. They will give you the best grade with the lowest amount of points for the Maths and use the rest for your Further Maths Grade.

For your next FM Topic I'd choose M2 simply because you are doing Physics. I'm unsure how the Further maths A2 level works as I only did it to AS level. But don't you have to do FP1, FP2, FP3 and FP4 to get the full A level? And if you want an easier ride do D2. Unless you enjoy statistics.

If the AS physics re-sit is to be your only then do the A2 physics re-sit as well. if not, don't bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onique)
    You have to keep all the Core Maths Modules (C1, C2, C3, C4) for your Maths A level anything else you can play with e.g M1 and D1 or M1 and S1 or D1 and S1 but if you have M2 you must have M1. Either way the exam board will decide this for you. They will give you the best grade with the lowest amount of points for the Maths and use the rest for your Further Maths Grade.

For your next FM Topic I'd choose M2 simply because you are doing Physics. I'm unsure how the Further maths A2 level works as I only did it to AS level. But don't you have to do FP1, FP2, FP3 and FP4 to get the full A level? And if you want an easier ride do D2. Unless you enjoy statistics.

If the AS physics re-sit is to be your only then do the A2 physics re-sit as well. if not, don't bother.
    I'm so glad for your advice. So that means my M2 can be in maths and M1 in Further Maths. Am I right?
    And do you think that I shonld concentrate on physic, resit both unit but not chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaronlin)
    I'm so glad for your advice. So that means my M2 can be in maths and M1 in Further Maths. Am I right?
    And do you think that I shonld concentrate on physic, resit both unit but not chemistry?
    Wrong, M1 has to be in Maths if M2 is in Maths.
    FM kind of just gets the left overs so M2 can go in there on it's own but for maths you'll ave to have M1 if you want M2

Oh, you're considering re-sitting Chem as well?
    In that case just re-sit one from each physics and Chem. You're lowest mark. Or the one you feel most confident to get a higher grade in.

ReputationRep:
    nice explanation! Thanks a lot~

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.