Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Afflemings quest for gains Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In One Ear)
    ****, can't believe that's all you weigh! What do you think your body fat is at roughly in the last pic?
    yh I get that a lot irl aswell, tbh I don't know what do you reckon? I'm aiming for around 10-12. which is hopefully possible in the next 4 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Chest and arms
    flat bench 110 3*5
    incline db press 42 3*8 PB
    dips +20*8 +30*8 +30*8
    flyes
    super setted loads of arms

first reps on bench were flying up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affleming)
    yh I get that a lot irl aswell, tbh I don't know what do you reckon? I'm aiming for around 10-12. which is hopefully possible in the next 4 weeks.
    Couldn't really give an accurate guess from a back shot but in the most recent picture you're definitely looking decently lean imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In One Ear)
    Couldn't really give an accurate guess from a back shot but in the most recent picture you're definitely looking decently lean imo.
    fair enough, tbh if I was to take an estimate I would say 13.5-14% I can see my whole sixpack but only in certain light. I just have some stubborn fat on my lower stomach and hips.

ReputationRep:
    is it a bad idea to do a deload when cutting? feeling quite tired and stuff over the last few days so maybe do hardly any volume/weight the next couple of days.

ReputationRep:
    Got a +60kg dip.

ReputationRep:
    week 10
    76kg

ReputationRep:
    chest and arms
    ill but decent session
    bench 110kg 4,3 100 7
    decline 100*8 105*7,7
    dips +20 8,8,8
    incline db press 42*6 38 8,8
    super setted loads of arms

ReputationRep:
    really want to have finished the cut within next three weeks so full steam ahead to 74kg

ReputationRep:
    going to eat
    large bowl of muesli skimmed milk approx. 500cals 25p
    protein shake 250 cals 50p
    pint of skimmed milk post work +fruit 250 cals 20p
    dinner 900 cals 50p (approx)
    total 1900cals 145p

this is a cut of approx 300 cals from what i've been eating, and also increase the cardio. hopefully these changes will increase my deficit enough to incur losses of .75kg a week which will bring me on target.

in terms of how much more cut I've got I seem to be more vascular and I almost have the horseshoe.

ReputationRep:
    bw
    75kg

ReputationRep:
    legs and abs

Squats: warmup, 150 3*5 100*10 PB
    Stiff leg deadlifts 80 3*10 (trying to keep good form on these but feels light)
    Leg ext 100 3*8
    leg press
    calves
    bout 4 abs workouts

Feeling good on squats still had a lot left in me afterwards, this sort of weight turns heads at my gym lol. random guys walking over and saying "juicy man".

ReputationRep:
    Cut update
    about 11 weeks in
    bw 83.7kg>>75kg 8.7kg lost
    press 65*5>>70*6
    squat 130*5>>150*5
    similar gains in every single lift except for bench press which has stayed around the same.
    sixpack, serratus and horseshoe are all there. just a littlel bit fat left on the waist so should be good to go in a couple of weeks. jeans which were tight 32" when I started are now very loose on my waist think I might be down to a 30 inch waist.

all in all very successful up to now. still some left to go but getting comments on a daily basis. and my physical confidence is immensely more than it was.

ReputationRep:
    planning next clean bulk to do strength training for a period using the Russian methods ie sheiko for bench and smolov for squats. worked well in the past (sheiko)

ReputationRep:
    wide grip pull ups did about 10-12 never done 1 before so I guess a PB. (last time I tried couldn't really do them at the start of cut)

ReputationRep:
    wide grip pull ups did about 10-12 never done 1 before so I guess a PB. (last time I tried couldn't really do them at the start of cut)
    My chins are getting better on my cut as well. I have the fear of going backwards in progress when I start my lean bulk though!

ReputationRep:
    Cut update
    about 11 weeks in
    bw 83.7kg>>75kg 8.7kg lost
    press 65*5>>70*6
    squat 130*5>>150*5
    similar gains in every single lift except for bench press which has stayed around the same.
    sixpack, serratus and horseshoe are all there. just a littlel bit fat left on the waist so should be good to go in a couple of weeks. jeans which were tight 32" when I started are now very loose on my waist think I might be down to a 30 inch waist.

all in all very successful up to now. still some left to go but getting comments on a daily basis. and my physical confidence is immensely more than it was.
    Sounds like an amazing cut

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    My chins are getting better on my cut as well. I have the fear of going backwards in progress when I start my lean bulk though!
    Haha think of the food though , and then next summer be even better at chins again. and besides hopefully strength will increase and weight gain will be slow enough so that chins stay the same/ get better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Sounds like an amazing cut

Posted from TSR Mobile
    gone better than I could have hoped pretty much, I think introducing preworkouts at the beginning has definitely helped it. tbh thinking of adding beta alanine to my pre at the tail end of this cut now.

ReputationRep:
    gone better than I could have hoped pretty much, I think introducing preworkouts at the beginning has definitely helped it. tbh thinking of adding beta alanine to my pre at the tail end of this cut now.
    What preworkout you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.