Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Afflemings quest for gains Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownError)
    What preworkout you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    mix my own of 200-400mg caffeine, 8g citroline malate, 8g creatine. I swear citroline malate is underrated, dunno if its a placebo but the days I have had the caffeine but no citroline malate I have had worse workouts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affleming)
    mix my own of 200-400mg caffeine, 8g citroline malate, 8g creatine. I swear citroline malate is underrated, dunno if its a placebo but the days I have had the caffeine but no citroline malate I have had worse workouts.
    I've tried citrulline it's In white flood but not exactly sure what it does, all I know Is that it works. How much does it cost to make your own? Citrulline pretty expensive on TPW

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've tried citrulline it's In white flood but not exactly sure what it does, all I know Is that it works. How much does it cost to make your own? Citrulline pretty expensive on TPW

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yh studies back it up, probably costs about 40p a serving, like 90% of cost is the citrulline, but I got it on clearance (myprotein) 500g for like £20.

ReputationRep:
    yh studies back it up, probably costs about 40p a serving, like 90% of cost is the citrulline, but I got it on clearance (myprotein) 500g for like £20.
    How big is the increase in your performance when taking a pre-workout? Like how noticeable is it ik it may be hard to quantify but yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhaden)
    How big is the increase in your performance when taking a pre-workout? Like how noticeable is it ik it may be hard to quantify but yeah
    I feel it is significant but hard to quantify because i've been cutting and because of the possible placebo. but today for example I had pre workout, it generally takes at least 30mins to metabolise etc? it seemed that my first few sets were very difficult around 10 mins after drinking it, but then after the half hour mark it flew by. what I can definitely say is it gives me energy to stay in the gym lifting for eternity happily, then I have to force myself to leave.

ReputationRep:
    83.7>73.5

gonna stop cutting for a while and try to maintain till july and then commence a bulk to 78kg or when I lose visible abs whichever comes first. save getting super shredded for next summer.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Primaforce-C...eywords=malate

some pretty cheap citrulline malate here.

ReputationRep:
    going to be in Egypt for the next two months, more difficult to track macros here. so may just dirty bulk for the remainder of this time. tastiest shawarma sandwiches for only £1.75 next to my house. been a bit hectic lately but will try to get back on track now.

ReputationRep:
    BTW if anybody reading has tips on high protein foods (what aren't a hassle preparing) in Egypt please chime in (the supermarkets here aren't like ours)

ReputationRep:
    BTW if anybody reading has tips on high protein foods (what aren't a hassle preparing) in Egypt please chime in (the supermarkets here aren't like ours)
    Nuts/Peanut butter? I'm sure they'll have loads of good foods! Have a good time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    update

bulking
    eating a lot of cals but also doing a lot of walking (unusual for me) don't know how this will affect gains. I work out in a gym close to where the muslim brotherhood protest, Egyptian drivers are wary of taking me here. yesterday was leg day as I was doing my squats I see thousands of people crossing the bridge in my direction blocking it from cars soon many tanks came. things like this slightly distract me from my gym sessions but also add an interesting edge. I believe that night several died there , and I stick out like a sore thumb being one of the few remaining white/western people in cairo.

ReputationRep:
    Damn
    Really bad time to be in Egypt. It doesn't look safe at all. When you heading back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Damn
    Really bad time to be in Egypt. It doesn't look safe at all. When you heading back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it feels safe the majority of the time, just don't want to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. and the problem is if somebody did want to target westerners there is a very small selection of people to target.

won't be back to the uk until mid September. the upside is if you want to go and see the pyramids etc. like I did a couple of days ago. you can go inside the great pyramids tomb and be the only person there. It was just me and a couple of friends in there which was cool.

ReputationRep:
    worst thing about Egypt is the price of protein/preworkout etc supplements, apparently gear is far cheaper and 90% of my gym uses. (not sure if i'm allowed to say this here?). about £30 for 900g of whey, and £30 in Egypt is a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I can't moan though when its less than 10p for a bus journey.

ReputationRep:
    worst thing about Egypt is the price of protein/preworkout etc supplements, apparently gear is far cheaper and 90% of my gym uses. (not sure if i'm allowed to say this here?). about £30 for 900g of whey, and £30 in Egypt is a lot of money.
    Thats ridiculous, I would have just packed some in the suitcase lol (although I don't know if they allow that or not?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    Thats ridiculous, I would have just packed some in the suitcase lol (although I don't know if they allow that or not?)
    I know. and yes its allowed I packed about 1kg in my suitcase but that will be gone soon.

ReputationRep:
    back and about to start a new cut from 85 kg (what I have bulked to over the last year) down to about 78kg

start date april 7th weight 85kg

ReputationRep:
    lifts have increased considerably
    Bench press- 122.5kg*5 (125*4)
    squats-150kg*7
    OHP-77.5kg*5 (80*4)

day 1 chest and arms
    day 2 legs and abs
    day 3 back and shoulders
    repeat

calories have been high between 4000-7000 every day and I will now start cutting on 3000 a day and slowly decrease as and when its necessary

soon I will hopefully start uploading pics/videos

ReputationRep:
    You looked really good and relatively big before. Would love to see your progress on this latest bulk!

Strong lifts

Sent from my HTC One

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.