Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Well at the moment I'm in year 11 secondary school. Would it be beneficial to look over some AS level books and learn some topics? I've done some biology however no chemistry yet or maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    If you want, there's no harm in scanning through the textbooks to get an idea of what you will be doing. Don't go over the top and do all the exercises though! For now, concentrate on doing really well in your GCSEs - this will help you more at college as you will be very confident in all the basics, which everything else will build upon. They won't expect anyone to have knowledge above GCSE grade A/B/ whatever the minimum requirements were for you to be able to study it at college. Don't start stressing over A level work until at least all your GCSE exams are over!
    For maths it might be a good idea to revise the harder GCSE topics just before the start of term - my college gave us some 'induction homework' to basically revise this, which certainly helped to refresh my memory of GCSE maths (it's really surprising how much you forget in just a few months!).
    I've also seen some students with 'Headstart to A level maths/ chemistry/ physics/ english etc.' CGP revision guides, which I think just recap GCSE A* topics and have a few questions... if you're really keen you could have a look at one of these...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's the books I've got! Thanks anyway very long and detailed reply! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    no... you have plenty of time

If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.