Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I like UKIP's stance on the EU and Unionist policies

Do you guys agree with their 'capital C' Conservative policies?

Personally I think the UK should be rules from London rather than Brussels in every way-including immigration ( I think the UK should have a consistent policy with both EU and non-EU immigrants).

Also people who say leaving the EU will affect trade but it won't really as that's what the WTO is for

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see some of their policies.

For example on tax basically they do away with higher rate and thats about it.

I don't really see how their health reforms help anyone and will seemingly increase the 'postcode lottery' of the NHS. I think their removal of central admin will be replaced with a greater total admin cost but at the local level.

The don't have an education policy, which is a shame.

Their policies on the devolved administrations seems to make a breakup of the union more likely - again a shame.

The business policies are great for businesses and their owners, rubbish for employees
    (ie most people) and even says as much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    I'd like to see some of their policies.

For example on tax basically they do away with higher rate and thats about it.

I don't really see how their health reforms help anyone and will seemingly increase the 'postcode lottery' of the NHS. I think their removal of central admin will be replaced with a greater total admin cost but at the local level.

The don't have an education policy, which is a shame.

Their policies on the devolved administrations seems to make a breakup of the union more likely - again a shame.

The business policies are great for businesses and their owners, rubbish for employees
    (ie most people) and even says as much.
    I think they might be want a more federal government a bit like Canada- although Quebec has wanted a referendum for so long but haven't yet

It would be a big gamble if they got in although I'd really like the government to be more prudent with its spending- most people have to try and live within their means to avoid bankrupty

ReputationRep:
    They're a real alternative in British politics, and I think many are finally waking up to that. Another Labour term would be disastrous for this country, and letting Balls get his grubby hands on the money would be the last straw.

ReputationRep:
    I don't support UKIPs views very strongly in general but I like them as a party as they give anti-conservatives, but not necessarily lefties, an alternative party to vote for (obviously I support Tories)

ReputationRep:
    There isn't really an alternative party at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    It would be a big gamble if they got in
    I'd put large amounts of money on them not winning a single seat.

ReputationRep:
    It's the equivalent of the SNP, people don't necessarily want out of the EU, they're popular because they're not Lib/Lab/Con.

ReputationRep:
    Although having this guy be our Prime Minister would be great:
    http://insnews.co.uk/welcome-to-ins-...plane-crash-4/

EDIT
    Although obviously Kilroy would be better...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    I'd put large amounts of money on them not winning a single seat.
    if the Lib dems get wiped out- UKIP could come in 3rd overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    if the Lib dems get wiped out- UKIP could come in 3rd overall
    How?

Surely the DUP or SNP would come third?
    Probably then Sinn Fein, Plaid Cymru and the SDLP.

Unless you know of any seats likely to go Lib Dem --> UKIP then the Greens will probably beat UKIP by holding their seat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    How?

Surely the DUP or SNP would come third?
    Probably then Sinn Fein, Plaid Cymru and the SDLP.

Unless you know of any seats likely to go Lib Dem --> UKIP then the Greens will probably beat UKIP by holding their seat.
    UK wide- it's impossible for SNP to come 3rd in a UK general election- contrasting 5 million Scottish voters to 50 million + English voters

Anyhow UKIP came 4th overall last time- the Greens only won Brighton as they're supporters were concentrated in that area-UKIPs vote was much more spread out

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.