Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    HELLO MY FELLOW A2 GEOGRAPHERS!

I couldn't find a post on GEOG3 so I hope this is useful. Are you guys preparing for the exam already? I am self-teaching myself the A2 modules so you guys got any tips?

Let's start the discussion

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have started revising for this exam to. My advice is to make sure your revision is detailed in order to access the highest marks. Read a variety of books and sources to get additional notes and look at other case studies away from the AQA textbook to add an edge to your answer.

Hope this helps and good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where are all the A2 geographers at?
    I've started revision, but I can't seem to find effective methods to make it stick! So far I've just been using Nelson Thorne text book, cgp and another revision guide I have by making notes and re-reading class notes. Its such a content heavy subject. Any tips guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade10128)
    Where are all the A2 geographers at?
    I've started revision, but I can't seem to find effective methods to make it stick! So far I've just been using Nelson Thorne text book, cgp and another revision guide I have by making notes and re-reading class notes. Its such a content heavy subject. Any tips guys?
    That's just like me! This Easter I have dedicated for the whole of weather and climate. I have scheduled two weeks for each topic which should give me time to practice questions see teachers and review final areas.

I agree there is so many case studies and facts and figures to remember!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacktomos95)
    That's just like me! This Easter I have dedicated for the whole of weather and climate. I have scheduled two weeks for each topic which should give me time to practice questions see teachers and review final areas.

I agree there is so many case studies and facts and figures to remember!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Weather and climate is by far the hardest topic I'm studying! We've pretty much only just started the topic (our last one) so I'm only revising the basic structure of the atmosphere. My focus is instead on plate tectonics and world cities. Plate tectonics has been going well so far - its not the most challenging of topics. So i've been writing notes, flash cards and posters. I don't think I'd do practice papers until a few more weeks when I feel more confident across all topics.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.