The Student Room Group

Unit 3 Business Studies Edexcel results?

How did everyone else do in this paper? My whole class failed and I went down 2 grades from 2 A's in both unit 1 and 2. Did anyone else get lower marks than expected and if so are you getting a remark?
Reply 1
I got 80/100 which was just an A and I usually did a lot better in my mocks so I'm getting a remark to see if I can get one extra raw mark to give me an A* overall.
I thought the paper was quite a good paper so I think the marking might have been a bit harsh or I might have just not done very well. The second option is the most likely!
Did you do Unit 4?
Reply 2
I did 2 past papers and got my teacher to mark them and got near enough A*'s in both so i dont know what went wrong :frown: Do you know how long it takes for a remark? And I'm in year 13 so I haven't yet done unit 4
Reply 3
Original post by Dude Ranch
I did 2 past papers and got my teacher to mark them and got near enough A*'s in both so i dont know what went wrong :frown: Do you know how long it takes for a remark? And I'm in year 13 so I haven't yet done unit 4

I'm in Y13 too but we did our Unit 4 early! I'm sending my Unit 3 off this week it should take a week to a month I think.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I got A's at AS and before that gcse A's never gotten less in a business exam, prepared more for this one than any previously..

I got 68 ums (C) getting remarked and my paper back, I was astounded I came out thinking definite A maybe a*

Don't know what's happened

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
Original post by GemmaSmith
I got A's at AS and before that gcse A's never gotten less in a business exam, prepared more for this one than any previously..

I got 68 ums (C) getting remarked and my paper back, I was astounded I came out thinking definite A maybe a*

Hmm, maybe just an off day? :confused: The summer paper might be better suited to you? I guess it just depends whether you can do the questions you get on the day or not! Good luck to whatever you decide to do either way :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by GemmaSmith

This is the exact same as me I was sure I had 90+ UMS but I only got 63. I handed in my remark form today but my teacher said Edexcel were very good at marking and my mark is unlikely to go up, however last year one girl got her unit 2 paper remarked and it went up 2 grades haha.
Reply 7
So weird isn't it! I know someone that went up 2 grades to for edexcel but that's in history to he fair, if the makes it fair.. Can two grades lower ever be fair??

Reply 8
haha, no it shouldnt be. let me know how your remark goes!
Reply 9
Original post by 747-400
I got 80/100 which was just an A and I usually did a lot better in my mocks so I'm getting a remark to see if I can get one extra raw mark to give me an A* overall.
I thought the paper was quite a good paper so I think the marking might have been a bit harsh or I might have just not done very well. The second option is the most likely!
Did you do Unit 4?

Didnt go up a single mark :'(
Same :L

Reply 11
Original post by Dude Ranch
Didnt go up a single mark :'(

Neither did mine, we can feel each other's pain :cry::console:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending