Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    do I need to retake any modules:

I'm am currently 8 marks off B in history, but if i get an A/A* in my coursework I only need a C in my final - so is it worth the extra stress in retaking unit 1 which is an utter *****? in geography I'm currently on an A, but as a safety net should I retake my unit 2 exam (as I only got 70%)? if I don't retake this exam i have to get 94/120 to get the A in June? anyway, music is fine as I am on an A with no need to retake - so I will only have three exams in June:

unit 3 geog
    unit 4 music
    unit 3 history

would you retake any? or avoid the extra stress and put the extra effort into your finals?

I need an ABB for bristol (first choice) I should be fine for my music exam but I am really debating if I should retake any modules? find history pretty difficult! obviously I don't want to do retakes but i really don't know what to do :/

ReputationRep:
    don't bother with a re-sit in a subject you've already got an A in. I'm sort of in same boat with you as regards to geography - I got an A (164/200), but I'm not going to retake my physical module which was only a B grade because I think it's best to focus on the A2 exams now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackJack)
    don't bother with a re-sit in a subject you've already got an A in. I'm sort of in same boat with you as regards to geography - I got an A (164/200), but I'm not going to retake my physical module which was only a B grade because I think it's best to focus on the A2 exams now.

well I'm just on an A, I got 82% last year, and in my A2 january exam I was one mark off an A so I am getting a remark! but I'm just worried about history really! arghh

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.