Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

In the very back of my mind I have a slight temptation to apply for American universities. However, before I decide to look into it any further I have a few questions.

When applying for US universities, do they count as any of your 5 uni choices (guessing not as it's not through UCAS)? Also, if you apply to American and English universities, can the universities you apply to in the UK see that you've applied to US universities?

Thanks in anticipation,
    Dan

ReputationRep:
    --

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starforsure)
    I really think you need to do more research before you even consider applying to American colleges!

1. No! UK universities can't 'see' if you've applied to American colleges.

2. It's not through UCAS! Please check the undergraduate admissions pages of colleges you're interested in.

3. You'll also need to do the SAT, a standardised test for admission to American colleges.

4. You may need to do SAT subject tests. Again get in touch with individual colleges!
    Yeah I know it's through the Common Application isn't it? I just didn't know whether UK unis could see your applications to international universities etc.

Thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    ---

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.i just wants to find out if AICE exams ( the alevel exams ) accepted by some unis is limited to only the CIE board or does it include other boards like AQA, OCR etc. I asked this because I did My alevels with different exam boards and I wonder if colleges will accept them or just the CIE ones . I intend to transfer the credits and maybe bypass freshman year. Any advice on schools that accept alevels from any exam boards will be highly appreciated.Thanks

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.