Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm a student applying to Imperial College London from Boston, USA. I have an issue with my application and I was looking to get some feedback from university students and alumni about it. I'm really keen on taking physics at Imperial, but the international office has repeated told me that I wouldn't be seriously considered as I will not have taken BC Calculus, an AP course by the time I would start at Imperial. As the international officer told me my requirements would qualify me for Aeronautical Engineering, Geophysics, and some other courses, I was wondering if it would be plausible to apply to one of these courses, and then once admitted, transfer to a physics course? Would this be possible?

Thanks,
    Tristan Kleyn

ReputationRep:
    Possible, but not necessarily likely, as they'll still ask for the minimum entry requirements to get onto the physics course. The only way around it that I see is if Geophysics covers the same modules as straight physics in first year, and then you switch after then. I doubt that's the case though, otherwise they would also need the calculus.

Imperial are very strict on this kind of thing because it's very competitive there.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks for the feedback

ReputationRep:
    What does bc calculus cover? Considering that for physics in the uk a knowledge of complex numbers, matrices and other stuff is very common before starting a physics course, I would take all the maths you can!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.