how do i get my ex back? Watch

This discussion is closed.
orange orange
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
i went out with my Ex when I was on the rebound and unsurprisingly it didn't work out, as I was really messed up at the time.

how do i show him that I've changed and that this time it would work. I know he still fancies me I just need to show him I'm not the freak that i was....

Please help!!!!!!
mad kuri
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by orange orange)
i went out with my Ex when I was on the rebound and unsurprisingly it didn't work out, as I was really messed up at the time.

how do i show him that I've changed and that this time it would work. I know he still fancies me I just need to show him I'm not the freak that i was....

Please help!!!!!!
talk to him!! it does actually work, i just dont know why people dont try it!
Amb1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Please help!!!!!!
A grand gesture could get the ball rolling again. Why did you split up in the first place? Need more details for better suggestions...
orange orange
we split up cos I wasn't very nice to him because I was a bit depressed at the time and he couldn't cope with me. We've pulled a few times since but nothing major

We do talk to each other but there is talking and talking and we don't talk much cos whenever we talk the chemisty takes over. We only seem to see each other on nights out too.
mad kuri
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
we split up cos I wasn't very nice to him because I was a bit depressed at the time and he couldn't cope with me. We've pulled a few times since but nothing major

We do talk to each other but there is talking and talking and we don't talk much cos whenever we talk the chemisty takes over. We only seem to see each other on nights out too.
chemistry? as in the subject or whats between you two?
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
why don't you meet up for lunch or something- then you can talk in a different environment with less alcohol etc....
orange orange
(Original post by mad kuri)
chemistry? as in the subject or whats between you two?
You've gotta worry if all we talk about is chemistry, no I mean the subject of whats between us, also you've gotta understand that we really fancy each other so it that kinda chemistry too.
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

You need to arrange a date, rather than just meeting up when you're out. Try to go somewhere where you can't be all over each other but you can talk. Go out for a nice meal. Tell him how much you want to be with him. I don't think you should rush back into a full on relationship with each other - take each other out on a few dates and give him time to see that you're not in the same state as you were when you split up.
orange orange
yeah but you've got to see it from his point of view, as far as he sees it I was a bit of a freak when we went out and ok when he sees me now I seem ok but I think he's pretty scared of meeting up with me for luch etc.

I know that would be the best plan but i just don't think that he'd be up for it.
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
You need to arrange a date, rather than just meeting up when you're out. Try to go somewhere where you can't be all over each other but you can talk. Go out for a nice meal. Tell him how much you want to be with him. I don't think you should rush back into a full on relationship with each other - take each other out on a few dates and give him time to see that you're not in the same state as you were when you split up.

i agree.. just take it slow...but make it clear to him that you would like to try again....he probably feels the same but doesn't know how you feel...
mad kuri
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
i agree, sometimes they just need to be shown directly, otherwise they just dont get it.
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah but you've got to see it from his point of view, as far as he sees it I was a bit of a freak when we went out and ok when he sees me now I seem ok but I think he's pretty scared of meeting up with me for luch etc.

I know that would be the best plan but i just don't think that he'd be up for it.

if you/he have pulled etc. then he must have some feelings for you, mustn't he??
orange orange
maybe but i just don't know if he'd agree to go, I think he's a bit scared of me, I was pretty scary
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Sounds like he's scared that you are still a bit of a freak. It'll take time for him to see that you're not, try not to hassle him too much though.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
Amb1 is right, you have to give him the chance to see that you have changed and you won't burn him again. Try to arrange more one on one time w/ him where you are doing things as friends aswell, so he can get to see that side of you. Most importantly try to refrain from the touchy feely bit for awhile at this point it will only complicate things more.
orange orange
I'm not hassling him, but how do i show him that I'm not a freak, I mean if I do nothing surely I'll never get him back?
HammaL
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Please help!!!!!!

Email him this posts. If i was HIM and IF " i " still fancied u then
everything'd be cool.
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm not hassling him, but how do i show him that I'm not a freak, I mean if I do nothing surely I'll never get him back?

can't you write him a letter....then you can let him know how you feel and try and explain to him how you have changed and why.....
orange orange
thats way too scary and surely far too full on
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I dont mean to be harsh but maybe he's an ex for a reason? I ended up pining after my ex for months and when we did get back together it wasn't very good. You may still think you have feelings for him, but trust me, sometimes its easier to just make a clean break.

hope everything works out ok for you though
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (97)
18.91%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (326)
63.55%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.68%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise