Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    hey TSR!

Jus wanted to know if any1 here had kept up a part time job while at med school. I am going to be studying in London. I have a few concerns about the cost because my faily lies above the income bracket however we dont have disposable income so accoodation etc is going to be a stretch, even with a part time job.

Have any if you (and particularly med students) been able to keep up a part time job? Have you found it stressful? Have you managed to keep up with the course/competition or whatever?

Also, on the off chance, does any1 know fi UCL do any scholarships etc? I don't know, for getting A*s at A level or...

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    bump.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a med student, and never will be! However, I have a friend who went to study vet med (I know it's not the same but I guess they're both as demanding!) at Cambridge and the uni actually told her she wasn't ALLOWED to have a job while she was studying because she would have so much work to do.

However I guess like most things it just depends what you can take on. I know plenty of students who manage part-time jobs, even for just one day a week. However, I would imagine you're gonna get a massive workload and it could all become too much. You really wont know till you get there and find out for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who had a part time job in her first year and half of her second but stopped because it was getting too much. So you may be able to have one then, but I'd say it'd be really difficult to manage it in your clinical years!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.