Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying an economics degree and holding two offers.
    Lse MSc economic history
    Warwick MSc Economics
    The problem is I didn't study economics history before and had no clue a about what the course looks like.
    Can anyone give me a picture about the course?
    The most concerned question is if it would involve a lot of historical story that I need to remember, as if a history degree?
    I, personally, prefer mathematics and graph and theory, I am afraid if I chose lse just for the fame, I would regard.

ReputationRep:
    I cant help u at all, but when i had to choose and if i had a choise i would take both studies,,, beacause the are equally intresting..

ReputationRep:
    Read the course description, and if the individual modules descriptions arent available on the Uni website, email and ask for them.

Essentially, the difference is pretty obvious - one is about the role of economics within history (yes, its a 'history degree'), the other the study of the actual practice of economics. Remember that that methodology used will be different too - historians dont work the same way as economists do, and research approaches regarding 'evidence' etc for instance will be different.

PS. Why did you apply for a course that you didnt research?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine that the clue is in the name in that Economic History is likely to detail differing economic epochs (South Sea Asset Bubble, Industrial Revolution, Corn Laws, Great Depression, Golden Age and Great Recession) whilst Economics is more your standard degree fare.

Of course i could be wrong, i have not looked at the course in any great detail.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I'd imagine that the clue is in the name in that Economic History is likely to detail differing economic epochs (South Sea Asset Bubble, Industrial Revolution, Corn Laws, Great Depression, Golden Age and Great Recession) whilst Economics is more your standard degree fare.

Of course i could be wrong, i have not looked at the course in any great detail.
    You're spot on.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viper1988)
    I am currently studying an economics degree and holding two offers.
    Lse MSc economic history
    Warwick MSc Economics
    The problem is I didn't study economics history before and had no clue a about what the course looks like.
    Can anyone give me a picture about the course?
    The most concerned question is if it would involve a lot of historical story that I need to remember, as if a history degree?
    I, personally, prefer mathematics and graph and theory, I am afraid if I chose lse just for the fame, I would regard.
    An economic history degree, as has been said, is just a history degree but with the focus on economic history.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.