Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    hi all
    i know you read thousands of topics like this, and that's exactly the reason why i decided to open my own one

there on the title are the programmes i got an offer for, at Cranfield, Warwick and EDHEC. what i'm gently asking is..to give me an opinion in relation to some of the (few) clear ideas i have about myself:
    1a) i'd rather undertake a career in corporations rather than in banks/ib or consulting, and my choice to apply for finance-related courses is due to the fact i expect technical preparation from my masters, so that i acquire knowledge to work in the financial dept in companies.
    1b) i didn't wanna spend 20grand to repeat porter's 5 forces for the umpteenth time. not only at least, that's why i didn't apply for masters in business or "pure" management.
    2) i wanna travel and i don't know where i'm going to settle down in the future. i read that edhec is worthwhile for a career in france, can anyone confirm i would struggle elsewhere?

considering these assumptions:
    -Warwick's MSc Finance would be "finance only", so, quite distant from my ambitions. I heard miscellaneous opinions and it's the most unlikely of the three choices.
    -EDHEC's MiM Financial Economics would tailor pretty well, would it be easy to find a good job outside france though? :confused: moreover, despite i love being a student (i'm graduating this july), three more years sound too many to me..two would be still ok, three i don't know.
    -Cranfield's MSc Finance & Mgmt would sound perfect. BUT i read the uni itself has a poor brand. Is it that relevant? How is it compared to Warwick and EDHEC? I reckon that every employer from top companies knows the value of the university he hires his graduates from. the ft ranking might even be overhyped, yet overhyped so much to make this msc of a lower tier??

Finally, mentioning again the ft rankings, how relevant is the average wage column? Cranfield has astonishing values ($79k average in the first 3 ys), slightly more than Warwick ($72k), much more than EDHEC ($58k). How much should I give credit to it?

I'm surely forgetting something so I'll update my post soon...Thanks for your time!

ReputationRep:
    hello hello anyone? not even a rough opinion on cranfield?

ReputationRep:
    Hi;

I'm a current student of the MSc Finance & Management course in Cranfield. I’m quite happy with my choice. The course is very intensive and the atmosphere great.

I think the career prospects are really good. In our alumni database you can find a lot of students with amazing careers, also recent MScF&M graduates.

If you have some more specific questions, pls just ask.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.