Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meistensmanchmal)
    Ohio; I'm currently in my last weeks of undergrad at Cleveland State University. How about you?!

Fun fact: I started off in art school in New England years and years ago, and my first (university-assigned!) roommate was a nutcase. She'd never been in a city before, had next to no life/coping skills, was a hoarder, lacked any sort of personal hygiene... basically, everything about her drove me up a wall. Fortunately, my friend's roommate moved out, so I switched rooms over the semester break, but afterwards this girl went out of her way to try and make me feel bad about "abandoning" her!

So, I think outside of maybe getting a serial killer as a flatmate, nothing could be quite as bad as rooming with her...

I lived with a nutcase too, I'm hoping that I've used all of my bad luck quota. If we see each other at UCL I'll tell the story about that one, I'd rather not put it on the Internet. Plus, it's a better story when told as opposed to read. I'm from NJ, in a bit of a gap year between my undergrad and grad.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a canadian student going to UCL next year for my MA

I just applied for a suite at the new Kings Cross location of the Urbanest residences and joined the fb group for it

there are tons of grad students from all over getting in touch with me through the group, i'd totally recommend it - lots of UCL people from europe, usa, asia, etc... and a surprising amount of grad students!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, that's a little expensive for my taste but I will check out the group to find possible roommates.

ReputationRep:
    What is the process that I need to follow in case I want to apply for the Intercollegiate Halls?

ReputationRep:
    En suite will be expensive, but you can state your preferences on the ucl application which they may accommodation, apply asap as well..prankerd house maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! We are on the same course! I am also looking for postgrads to share a flat/house with to keep things cheap!

(Original post by melissaam)
    I am a student from the US who accepted an offer for the MSc Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering. I went back and forth about the intercollegiate halls and the UCL options and I think that it makes more sense to either go to a private hall or just find a group of people to rent a flat. The cost of attendance already terrifies me and it seems like I can find a reasonably priced flat fairly easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ehendow)
    Hey! We are on the same course! I am also looking for postgrads to share a flat/house with to keep things cheap!
    How funny! Well I look forward to meeting in September.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm a swiss student going to do a master's degree at Cass this year. I was wondering if you've found any interesting flatshare in Shoreditch?

(Original post by melissaam)
    That helps tremendously! I appreciate the location suggestions. Ideally, I wanted to stay in Zone 1 or 2 and assumed I would go into a flat share with rando's of some sort. I looked into the Oyster card as well but I'll need to wait until I get there to feel out which "plan" will work best for me.

Thank you again!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    What would be your maximum budget? I am a postgraduate student at UCL looking to share preferably with international post grad students somewhere close to UCL for max 800pm.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, nice to meet you all,

I will be at UCL this September, but until now I have yet received any notification from UCL accomodation. I have applied the accomodation since April. Last week, I sent the email to the officer, and she said that the accomodation notification have yet been published to the applicant. Seems around this August.

In the worst case, Anyone has references where is the pleasant place near Campus, so I just walking to the campus right away. Based on the website, it costs mostly 150-200 GBP per week. My budget is maximum 600 per month (very tight indeed).

Any suggests? I am happier if anyone can contact me by message.

Cheeeers!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.