Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have already recieved my place at the university because i have taken a gap year but it has now come to deciding my accommodation! Really stuck as i like a lot of them but have no idea which is best, what are other people thinking? All i know for sure is i think St George's is too expensive, but definitely want an ensuite!!

Help Guys!

ReputationRep:
    r u a Chinese girl?

ReputationRep:
    No, I am English but i am taking a gap year as a teacher here in China

ReputationRep:
    Lafranc is pretty good or the regular halls best for first years.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i was talking to a friend and she said Parham Road is maybe the best, mostly because of the Asda very close by haha

ReputationRep:
    Well my friend is currently studying at CCCU and 100% recommends Lanfranc. Its located next to a popular student pub and near a sainsburys I think. On top of that its like a 5 min walk from campus as opposed to parham which is apparently a 20 min walk

ReputationRep:
    ahhh too many decisions :P i want to choose parham but everyone is telling me lanfranc haha, but i can afford a double room in parham which is ideal for me and stil cheaper than lanfranc, a walk doesnt bother me and asda is cheaper than sainsburies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geeky)
    ahhh too many decisions :P i want to choose parham but everyone is telling me lanfranc haha, but i can afford a double room in parham which is ideal for me and stil cheaper than lanfranc, a walk doesnt bother me and asda is cheaper than sainsburies
    Its highly unlikey you will get your first choice, i live in Pin hill atm and its great in benson house (where all the ensuit is) plus you are 5 mins walk into the center of town and you'll be right next to chemisty which is nice. So apply for a few if you want to live in parham and lanfranc. Lanfranc is definatly the best. but id highly reccommend applying for every size of room in lanfranc if thats where you want to go

ReputationRep:
    I would say go to pinhill or Lanfranc(lanfranc is really nice and opposite the penny theatre, and near the jolly two popular student pubs), Parham is ok, however I am currently living there(1st year student), a fair few of the houses oversee a metal works which starts at 7am in the morning Monday - Saturday and shakes the flats, as well as the trucks going down the road all day shaking the flats.

I have attached a photo to show you what I mean about the metal works, this is directly outside my bedroom window.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJD1988)
    I would say go to pinhill or Lanfranc(lanfranc is really nice and opposite the penny theatre, and near the jolly two popular student pubs), Parham is ok, however I am currently living there(1st year student), a fair few of the houses oversee a metal works which starts at 7am in the morning Monday - Saturday and shakes the flats, as well as the trucks going down the road all day shaking the flats.

I have attached a photo to show you what I mean about the metal works, this is directly outside my bedroom window.
    Ive heard from the uni they will finish these works by September 13 so should be okay!

ReputationRep:
    When I was visiting the uni, I saw the on campus halls and Parham. Parham is so nice, really modern and you get so much for the price you pay (comfy sofas, big rooms, gardens), so I would really reccomend there! Walk is about 15 minutes but really easy and simple

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MorrisseyForever)
    When I was visiting the uni, I saw the on campus halls and Parham. Parham is so nice, really modern and you get so much for the price you pay (comfy sofas, big rooms, gardens), so I would really reccomend there! Walk is about 15 minutes but really easy and simple
    Thats really useful to know!! I can only choose parham cause of my budget and there aren't many pictures! I'm glad it's modern x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblytasha)
    Thats really useful to know!! I can only choose parham cause of my budget and there aren't many pictures! I'm glad it's modern x
    Its really lovely! I saw the standard room without an en suite, the room was really big and lovely, the shared bathrooms were really clean and nice. Also, you get your own dryer and washing machine in the kitchen, so you'll save money if you have any questions about it, feel free to ask me

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for Lanfranc? Got my place but haven't found anyone else who's going yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Parham Road is so good! I lived there in 2012/2013 it was so good and you make so many friends and there were always people about to talk to Asda is mega close if you fancy chocolate at 2am but it shuts at 10pm on a Saturday (sucks)
    St.George's is super antisocial and no-one really knew anyone and above the SU so when events are on it can be noisy :/

Lanfranc is okay but its been said that its majority of girls living there (not a bad thing but it's been said)

Pin Hill is right next to the city's biggest student club and it has like 2/3 people sharing not ideal for people who want a large house/more housemates.

Parham is like 10 minutes from uni there's a shortcut I'm sure you'll find it but seriously the best year of my life was in Parham Road The courts are really good they're like gardens and you can sit out there and pre-drink or chat in the day time and even mess around we had so many food fights in our court the houses in Parham are actually really nice and modern I had a house with shared kitchen and shared bathroom (only shared my bathroom with the two other girls so it was okay)

good luck!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Aw that sounds great! Thanks so much for posting that!!
    I can easily see myself wanting chocolate at 2am!! I will have to find this shortcut lol, did you take your bike or car? Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblytasha)
    Aw that sounds great! Thanks so much for posting that!!
    I can easily see myself wanting chocolate at 2am!! I will have to find this shortcut lol, did you take your bike or car? Xx
    I walked the shortcut literally gets you there in 10/15 minutes depending on your pace of walking! haha! chocolate at 2am is a must have!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bemydetonator)

Pin Hill is right next to the city's biggest student club and it has like 2/3 people sharing not ideal for people who want a large house/more housemates.

good luck!!!!!
    Sorry but you're wrong, I'm situated in Pin Hill, and my room number is number 4. I'm pretty sure the uni can count so its highly likely its more than 2/3 people per house hold, unless they number the rooms 1,3,4 or 1,4 which is highly unlikely don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulr23)
    Sorry but you're wrong, I'm situated in Pin Hill, and my room number is number 4. I'm pretty sure the uni can count so its highly likely its more than 2/3 people per house hold, unless they number the rooms 1,3,4 or 1,4 which is highly unlikely don't you think?
    Yeah you're right. I went to an open day this year and they gave me an accommodation booklet that says at Pin Hill you can share up to 8 people with a minimum of 2.

ReputationRep:
    Hi how many bathrooms is there in Perham accommodation because I've got offered that place for accommodation and I would really like to know thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.