Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

A guy friend (not close at all) I've known and haven't spoken to in a year, messaged me after I wished him on his birthday yesterday. He's a bad boy basically, gets into fights, drinks etc. He's 23, I'm 22. He was in a serious relationship 2 years ago for about 3 years, or so I've heard. Not a player either.

To my utmost surprise, he was very different with me since the last time we spoke. I saw this soft, sweet side of him I didn't know existed. Some of the things he said yesterday:
    -He kept calling me by my nickname (never has)
    -Appreciated the effort I made to wish him, always saying, "you're so kind"
    -Upon telling him about how much I enjoy studying medicine and helping people he said, "I love your dedication. The world needs many more people just like you "
    -He laughed when he saw how surprised I was at how nice he really is, (considering his bad boy image), saying, "yay I'm glad you've changed your mind! I'm a kind gentleman at heart
    -And he said "You are a beautiful kind person! Love your family, so perfect.. nicest people I ever met" (he's my brother's friend, and so he met up with my parents on more than one occasion)
    -told me to keep in touch and message him when I wasn't busy studying.

I have an idea in my head about what's going on. But I've never been in a relationship before and don't really wish to build up on what I think, for fear that I'll feel really get hurt if nothing was really going on here. So I turn to others here to give me their feedback What's his intention do you'll think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A guy friend (not close at all) I've known and haven't spoken to in a year, messaged me after I wished him on his birthday yesterday. He's a bad boy basically, gets into fights, drinks etc. He's 23, I'm 22. He was in a serious relationship 2 years ago for about 3 years, or so I've heard. Not a player either.

To my utmost surprise, he was very different with me since the last time we spoke. I saw this soft, sweet side of him I didn't know existed. Some of the things he said yesterday:
    -He kept calling me by my nickname (never has)
    -Appreciated the effort I made to wish him, always saying, "you're so kind"
    -Upon telling him about how much I enjoy studying medicine and helping people he said, "I love your dedication. The world needs many more people just like you "
    -He laughed when he saw how surprised I was at how nice he really is, (considering his bad boy image), saying, "yay I'm glad you've changed your mind! I'm a kind gentleman at heart
    -And he said "You are a beautiful kind person! Love your family, so perfect.. nicest people I ever met" (he's my brother's friend, and so he met up with my parents on more than one occasion)
    -told me to keep in touch and message him when I wasn't busy studying.

I have an idea in my head about what's going on. But I've never been in a relationship before and don't really wish to build up on what I think, for fear that I'll feel really get hurt if nothing was really going on here. So I turn to others here to give me their feedback What's his intention do you'll think?
    I don't have loads of real-life romantic experience, but I'm pretty sure he likes you... The things he said does not sound like something he would say to 'just a friend', however, if you want to be certain try to dig around a bit and find out what other people who know him think about him and how he acts around girls

I totally get your fear.. putting oneself out there to get rejected is hard..
    Hmm, just meet up with him and see how genuine he seems, if he flirts with you, if he looks you in the eyes when he speaks to you and stuff...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What's his intention do you'll think?
    He wants to go balls deep in his friend's sister, ultimate violation of the sacred bro code.

ReputationRep:
    Sure as hell aint' love.

ReputationRep:
    Well it isn't love because you've only just started talking properly... Sounds as though he likes you though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He definitely likes you. I certainly wouldn't say such things to a female friend who I had no feelings for.

(Original post by Yawn11)
    He wants to go balls deep in his friend's sister, ultimate violation of the sacred bro code.

XD They're not best friends. He is actually my brothers' fiance's little brother

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.