Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

So basically my wrist hurts very badly after going the gym and weightlifting Watch

ReputationRep:
    Its NOT a constant pain but whenever I turn my wrist around I feel really bad pain in my left wrist.
    I put it down to excessive weightlifting going back about a week ago, biceps and Triceps without a day off to rest in between. I'd been using the curl bar and that's when I could feel pain after using that.

I went back to the gym yesterday for a short workout of about 40 minutes and worked on arms again. I AVOIDED THE CURL BAR BUT LAST NIGHT WHEN TURNING MY WRIST IT WAS VERY PAINFUL. ADVICE?

ReputationRep:
    Go to a doctor...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hexagon999)
    Go to a doctor...

I will but don't tell me what to do please '' I think you ought to go to the doctor and have it checked out, its your decision''

would have been better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smart Ass.)
    I will but don't tell me what to do please '' I think you ought to go to the doctor and have it checked out, its your decision''

would have been better
    it's*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanij)
    it(('))s*

Posted from TSR Mobile

good for you

ReputationRep:
    it's*
    If you're not going to post anything constructive then go and chew on crayons in the corner or something. Why be a ****?

OP:
    Don't go to a doctor, with all due respect all they will tell you at this stage is rest it. For pain and inflammation take 3x400mg Ibuprofen and 4x1000mg Paracetamol per day and put it on ice for 20 minutes every now and then. It's just a waste of their time and your time. It's obviously just a strain that will repair itself, if left to, over time. There is nothing else a doctor will do for you apart from prescribe you a stronger anti-inflammatory and an opioid like codeine, but you don't sound like you need/want that?

If it's still niggling after 14 days, OR it gets worse, then by all means see a doc.

That's just my honest answer of what will happen buddy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    If you're not going to post anything constructive then go and chew on crayons in the corner or something. Why be a ****?

OP:
    Don't go to a doctor, with all due respect all they will tell you at this stage is rest it. For pain and inflammation take 3x400mg Ibuprofen and 4x1000mg Paracetamol per day and put it on ice for 20 minutes every now and then. It's just a waste of their time and your time. It's obviously just a strain that will repair itself, if left to, over time. There is nothing else a doctor will do for you apart from prescribe you a stronger anti-inflammatory and an opioid like codeine, but you don't sound like you need/want that?

If it's still niggling after 14 days, OR it gets worse, then by all means see a doc.

That's just my honest answer of what will happen buddy.
    Well, OP told the person above to not tell them what to do,
    I am helping OP by telling them it is it's*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, OP told the person above to not tell them what to do,
    I am helping OP by telling them it is it's*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No. You're not helping, you're just being a ****. No need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    No. You're not helping, you're just being a ****. No need.

would have been better

How is that helpful?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

would have been better
    Many apologies

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.