Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

volunteering with children Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I really want to go work with children this summer, has anyone ever been to work away with children? If so Who did U go with?

ReputationRep:
    There's loads of stuff you can do to work with children. There are schemes like Camp America or PGL etc. where you act as an activity instructor (if you have the qualifications) or a general camp leader. You could look into volunteering with children's charities that provide holidays for disadvantaged children and the like - there are thousands so search around in the area you want to go to - they are usually more than willing to take volunteers. You could get involved with Scouting or Guiding as a long term venture. If you have a skill you could look at working with a group that provide it to children eg. you're a good musician so work with a children's orchestra at a residential week course or you're a football ref so you help ref a Saturday morning league. You could volunteer at a church to run a Sunday school. You could volunteer as a classroom assistant at a school. You could start working at a creche/daycare centre. The possibilities are basically endless as children do absolutely everything! The important thing is you act in plenty of time when you've decided what you'd like to do as you will need a CRB (now disclosure and barring) check before you can start.

I personally help run a Scout troop and absolutely love it. I get to show a great group of kids stuff that I enjoy doing and see them master it, grow and have fun.

ReputationRep:
    How about volunteering with girlguiding uk.

ReputationRep:
    Would you like to volunteer in Africa?

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.