Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Average car insurance for a young driver. Watch

ReputationRep:
    2001 1.6 Seat Leon

£2,400 for Fully Comp. Im 18 and insurance is in my name

ReputationRep:
    VW Polo 1.4 16V Sport, 53 plate, fully comp own policy £450.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hyundai getz, 56 plate, 1.1l
    My insurance is £463, fully comp. I am 21.

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Admiral Insurance & they charged me £680 at the beginning of December when I bought my first car & still had a provisional license, I passed my test today & when I rang up they informed me that it was going to go up but only by £120 so in total £800 now. Not too bad when I think about all the horror stories I've heard...

Also got the LittleBox Admiral policy & both my parents as named drivers.

Car details: Toyota Yaris VVT-i Color Collection, 1.0cc

I'm 23.

ReputationRep:
    £1,627.10 with direct line for a 17 year old male who will use the car every day. Ridiculously high compared to what it should be however cheaper then most of my mates.

All tracking boxes were about 2.5k and the highest we were quoted was 13k from endsleigh (who are partners with NUS.)

ReputationRep:
    Is this with people putting their parents as the main drivers? I'd like to buy my own car but was wondering whether it's be financially viable with the insurance. Cheapest I can get as a 17 year old names driver on my mums is £1100.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    62 reg bmw m135i , £1800 fully comp with admiral, 19 years old 1 years ncb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamStott64)
    I once got quoted £9000 to insure a 52 plate Punto. That's 18 times the value of the actual car. Balls to aviva

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How does a 52plate punto only cost £500?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got quoted 800 with diamond on my 58 plate Toyota Aygo I'm 20, passed in September but haven't driven since, I put that I am the main driver (I don't fancy fronting) and have two named drivers with about 15 years no claims each.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I was 17, I was quoted £3500 (fully comp) by Insure once I passed my test with both parents on it. So I have ended up with a black box and paying £227 a month with AutoSaint.

52 plate Corsa btw.

Looking at next year (or November), with 1 year NCD it's £750.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to wait until I turn 19 in a few months to actually take out a policy, but my best quotes so far [licence held for a year, no NCD] are £1100 TPFT for a 1.2 Seat Ibiza and £1500 fully comp for my 1966 Austin Healey Sprite. My best telematics policy quote for the Ibiza was about £1800- not that I'd want a black box anyway unless it halved the cost of the insurance...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaymarriott)
    How does a 52plate punto only cost £500?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/search/...w/price-from/0

ReputationRep:
    Getting you parents as named drivers on your insurance drives the price down- you might think more drivers means higher premium, but in fact having known safe drivers on helps reduce cost. Maybe your parents could take out multi-car insurance- they could save money too if they have not shopped around for a few years.It is important to get your own policy, not be "named", if possible,as you will want to get some NCB.

ReputationRep:
    The lowest i've been quoted is £3000 for a VW UP!, i've looked on Co-op because i saw a lot of people have got cheap quotes on there but they say they can't insure me any other companies that insure first time, seventeen year old drivers that anyone knows of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbbieLouiseS)
    The lowest i've been quoted is £3000 for a VW UP!, i've looked on Co-op because i saw a lot of people have got cheap quotes on there but they say they can't insure me any other companies that insure first time, seventeen year old drivers that anyone knows of?
    My son is 17,passed test 3 months ago, he has a 2008 1.2 Corsa, cost £1100 with Admiral Multicar as named driver of it.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.