The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is asymmetrical the opposite of symetrical and is this reason for 2 products formed during electrophullic addition
Reply 2001
Original post by needtosucceed=)
technically yep, but you never include it in the volume

Ah right okay, thanks :smile:
Reply 2002
I wasted all my time because of you guys,
See you later, I will come back when I learned all the content and ready for any question.

EDIT: And don't forget, I may never come back. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Namod
See you later, I will come back when I learned all the content and ready for any question.

lol good luck!
Original post by niceguy95
Is asymmetrical the opposite of symetrical and is this reason for 2 products formed during electrophullic addition

yes and yes :smile:
Wen a question just asks about increasing temperature or pressure do you just say that the more/less frequent collisions per second.

But if you are talking about Boltzmann distribution you must say more or less successful collisions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmy20002012
Wen a question just asks about increasing temperature or pressure do you just say that the more/less frequent collisions per second.

But if you are talking about Boltzmann distribution you must say more or less successful collisions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

temperature = more successful collsions
pressure = more collisions per second
Reply 2007
How do u guys remembering which side it move when the temperature is changed in an equilibrium. I always get confused about which side it will move:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Namod

EDIT: And don't forget, I may never come back. :biggrin:

Good.
Has anyone got a summary of what to say using old markschemes for like the standardized questions like:
how does a dynamic equilibrium form
What makes a reaction exothemic
The analysis questions

You know the ones that come up every year. If anyone could summarize the points to make from the markschemes that would be great
Reply 2010
Original post by Jimmy20002012

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure but i think its collisions per second for temp and pressure and successful collisions for a catalyst.
Original post by JimmyA*
I'm not sure but i think its collisions per second for temp and pressure and successful collisions for a catalyst.

more collisions per second for pressure
Reply 2012
Has anyone done the specimen?
If you have did you find the mark scheme was wrong in a few places?
Original post by cloud19
How do u guys remembering which side it move when the temperature is changed in an equilibrium. I always get confused about which side it will move:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends whether the forward or backward reaction is exothermic or endothermic.

If the forward reaction is endo- heat favours the endo, equilibrium shifts to the right

If forward reaction is exo- heat favours the endo, equilibrium shifts to the left

Heat always favours the endothermic reaction.
Original post by cloud19

Posted from TSR Mobile

increase temp = endothermic direction
decrease temp = exothermic direction
Original post by Sam_1996
Has anyone done the specimen?
If you have did you find the mark scheme was wrong in a few places?

yea I found a few mistakes
Original post by cloud19

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look at the page before
Reply 2017
Could somebody help me? On this paper: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/58629-question-paper-unit-f322-chains-energy-and-resources.pdf
For Q7, the mark scheme says the m/z value of the rightmost peak is 46... but it's 47 according to the graph?
Original post by RadioheadAnton
Has anyone got a summary of what to say using old markschemes for like the standardized questions like:
how does a dynamic equilibrium form
What makes a reaction exothemic
The analysis questions

You know the ones that come up every year. If anyone could summarize the points to make from the markschemes that would be great

rate of forward reaction decreases, rate of backward reaction increases until the rate of the forward reaction is = the rate of the backward reaction

bond breaking absorbs energy, bond forming releases energy. more energy is released than absorbed.

what kind of analysis questions?
Reply 2019
Original post by FLLF
Could somebody help me? On this paper: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/58629-question-paper-unit-f322-chains-energy-and-resources.pdf
For Q7, the mark scheme says the m/z value of the rightmost peak is 46... but it's 47 according to the graph?

That the small M+1 peak cause be the carbon 13 isotope.You ignore that

Latest

Trending

Trending